Your thoughts on sponsor artwork

twocolor

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am the sponsor for a local art center and their annual "Art-Tell". It's an art contest that tells a story. Each year the contest sports a theme that all artwork must be centered around. This year the theme is "See the Magic". As sponsor, I create the artwork for the posters, flyers and other marketing materials. I am also responsible for all graphic design of same materials.

I had ideas floating around in my head for weeks, and thanks to local businesses donating a live bunny (for an hour only), a child-size tux, and a top hat, and for a local neighbor willing to donate her child (for an hour only ;D) I was able to bring my ideas to fruition!

I used my snoot to create a spotlight look (as though this little guy were creating magic on a stage) and used a grid and barndoors to direct another light into my subjects face to fill any shadow the snoot created.

I am quite pleased with the result, but would like the honest and helpful critique from my buddies on the forum. Let me know if I'm on the right track.

5417538128_3310281805_b.jpg

The coloring and sharpness are lost in upload to flickr, but I assure you it is crisp and the skin tones on the little guy are spot on. I'm mostly curious on your thoughts on my lighting. It will be cropped differently when the poster is designed. Less centered :D

i said it befor and ill say it again.. Im not an expert or pro but i think you did a wonderful job it the photo. The little guys face is price less as if you didn't even have to direct him. hes a natural IMO. as the lighting i think its good just the way it is.

Looks great. My only gripes would be that the bunny seems a bit blown out, and that I wouldn't have made the connection of the lighting mimicking a spotlight. It still has a pretty good on stage feel. But because of the gradual falloff and more oval shape, it just looks to me like a strong vignette. Stage spotlights have very abrupt transition zones from what they are shining on and what they aren't, and usually are more circular. Expression is perfect.

Looks great. My only gripes would be that the bunny seems a bit blown out, and that I wouldn't have made the connection of the lighting mimicking a spotlight. It still has a pretty good on stage feel. But because of the gradual falloff and more oval shape, it just looks to me like a strong vignette. Stage spotlights have very abrupt transition zones from what they are shining on and what they aren't, and usually are more circular. Expression is perfect.

I'll go see what I can salvage on the bunny's fur. The more harsh my falloff was, the more harsh the shadows fell from the boy onto the trunk. I have the opportunity to do the same effect for another session. I'll have to borrow some volunteers to practice on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back