Youth Football Photos

billross77

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine asked me to come out to take photos of her kids youth football team. I had never done anything like that before but here is what came out of it. Feedback from most parents was very positive. Some of the parents though that it was too aggressive. I guess this is one of those things that you can't please everyone. All in all, I liked the concept of the photos, but learned a lot about what to do differently next time.

Coaches-1 by billross77, on Flickr

Group-8 by billross77, on Flickr

Group-3 by billross77, on Flickr

Very nicely done! Normally I wouldn't be a fan of the processing in #3, but here I think it works well.

Thanks. Im still a little frustrated with the upside down ball, and the grass on the socks. My daylight went away very quickly with a scheduling issue on the field, but I think it worked out.

Nice photos. You are nitpicking it a bit there, I understand the ball and the grass but the grass goes well with the processing. The ball really doesn't bother me.

I totally missed the ball - shows you how much I know about sports. The grass I don't see as a problem; they're football players, not ballet dancers!

I think every single one of these shots qualifies as excellent work! Great posing, wonderful composition, and the hip,new-style "Ultimate Fighter" type image processing. I like the artistry and the camera work. Really good stuff man!

Thanks everyone. It made a pretty good amount of money too, which is a plus!

flip the ball around and it's still upside-down. take another look.

Wow, I think these are freakin' exceptional.

I love the processing on these...

The processing works well on these. I would just lose some of the vignette on #2. It is a little too dark IMO. I also wish that pad wasn't sticking up in the boys face in #3, but we can't win them all can we? Good job.

flip the ball around and it's still upside-down. take another look.

Either rotating it backwards, so the laces are on top or flipping it over end to end would solve the problem.

Then again, I don't really see it as a problem. As it is, I think it's fine. With the logo on the ball right side up, it begins to look more like a Wilson ad...

The lighting and processing are pretty cool. With this in mind, I like all three pictures.
If any critics, the first one maybe my least favorite, the pole close to the head and the short the guy wear do not match the jean wear. Anyway, I guess this picture was not your plan?

No it was not planned. Its a small town youth league so its just some good ole' boys coaching football.

Most reactions

Back