Z - High School Graduation Shoot

littlesandra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sandraleephotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Most of these were shot at 2.8 with various shutter speeds.

4612410737_c0424458a3.jpg

4612411529_3cd08a1b79.jpg

4612411047_92aa4e6170.jpg

Last edited:
Aren't these a bit racy for what should be considered a senior shoot? I like them, for what it's worth.

Great photos as stated. However, also like stated, I think they're just a little over the top for a 17-18 year old girl. That's just me being a little old fashioned. Anyways, away from my personal opinions, great shots. Good lighting, good composure, and good mix of shots.

What makes it "racy" if you don't mind me asking? The fact that you can see her leg? If she were standing in a more "basic" pose with her leg covered, no one would say anything... Guaranteed.

Careful guys, there is a fine line between old fashioned and being a prude. (Not calling you either, just saying).

Great shots IMO. Good lighting, and I like the less "standard" poses. Something different for a change.

Thanks, and I understand where you're all coming from with 'racy' but unfortunately that's just the style that's in right now. Big poofy prom dresses are on their way out in exchange for Hollywood style close fitting gowns.

I think they're great ... just not what I was expecting with a High School Graduation Shoot. I can see where Jayce is coming from, only that these aren't what you'd picture grandma and grandpa hanging on their wall for all to see. #1 is probably my favorite because it's the only one that her face really draws my attention. I also think that #2 is really interesting with the stairs and the reflection.

I think the first one is totally amazing, and they can work as Grad shots. (Almost) Every girl wants to feel like a model sometime, and those are really fashion-y. I would try and clone out the lights on the floor in #1.

#2: Not crazy about the composition, my eye keeps going to the blue pole behind her. I think it would be better as a b&w image.

#3: My least favorite from the batch, too much environment vs subject.

#4: While taking this photo, I would have composed the glass out, it's not even a good complete reflection. Plus, she has a pole coming/going in/through her head. :(

She's really gorgeous and should definitely consider modeling if she isn't in it, already. :)

I think the first one is totally amazing, and they can work as Grad shots. (Almost) Every girl wants to feel like a model sometime, and those are really fashion-y. I would try and clone out the lights on the floor in #1.

#2: Not crazy about the composition, my eye keeps going to the blue pole behind her. I think it would be better as a b&w image.

#3: My least favorite from the batch, too much environment vs subject.

#4: While taking this photo, I would have composed the glass out, it's not even a good complete reflection. Plus, she has a pole coming/going in/through her head. :(

She's really gorgeous and should definitely consider modeling if she isn't in it, already. :)

*sigh*

Is there supposed to be a man standing in the background in #3?

Is there supposed to be a man standing in the background in #3?

Is that really all you people have to bug about? How inappropriate she looks for her age and there's a miniature man in the backrgound blended in that I didn't even notice? Haha.

Also, get rid of the glass?? No. But I totally agree about the pole. I also don't agree about b&w, the colors of this location stand out so much that black and white end up being lack luster. I've tried both, and the color is much better suited.

These obviously weren't all the shots we did, we did some suitable for her family - she is actually into modeling with FMG Group here in my city, so the shots did take a more mature look as she could also use them in her portfolio.

4613027782_b7da1bac57.jpg

4612412505_948d1c9c43.jpg

I think the shots are great. I wouldn't change anything. Great job and keep shooting! Maybe some people are a tad bit too critical or try to find flaws in everyones shots. (not trying to start any problems, just making a point)

I think the shots are great. I wouldn't change anything. Great job and keep shooting! Maybe some people are a tad bit too critical or try to find flaws in everyones shots. (not trying to start any problems, just making a point)

Thanks! There's a few things, such as the blue Pole and how sharp they are blown up.. but I was pretty satisfied with them.

Thanks, and I understand where you're all coming from with 'racy' but unfortunately that's just the style that's in right now. Big poofy prom dresses are on their way out in exchange for Hollywood style close fitting gowns.

Yes, but on the shot you pulled out from the collection, you had an upskirt from below...and that dress is split to above the top of the thigh in the front to begin with...

This one?

4636962695_d27b0cbc20.jpg

I think she's stunningly beautiful and the dress suit her perfectly - senior portraits or not! I'd much rather have this hanging of my daughter than a fake smile on a ****ty background in a studio, haha.

This one?

4636962695_d27b0cbc20.jpg

I think she's stunningly beautiful and the dress suit her perfectly - senior portraits or not! I'd much rather have this hanging of my daughter than a fake smile on a ****ty background in a studio, haha.

+1

Most reactions

New Topics

Back