Z - High School Graduation Shoot

Care to share some additional shots of this shoot? I would love to see what else you came up with. I think these are awesome. Keep up the good job!

So I think these photo are very good, but I also see where people are coming from with the whole 'racy' thing. And I don't thin that many people are saying that on the grand scale of prude vs the sexual revolution, that these are racy, but just in terms of what someone would expect from a senior photos. If you asked 100 people to imagine a senior portrait, I don't think any of them would come up with something like this. And on the same token, if you showed these to 100 people and asked them what their purpose was, I don't think many people would guess senior portrait. Does that make them wrong or inappropriate? NO. Just makes them different than expected. If the client loves them and that's what they wanted, than you did a great job.

I think the girl, dress, poses and lighting are all gorgeous. Great job there. I think majority of the foreground scenery is very nice, but a lot of the backgrounds have distracting elements to them. To me they look like they belong in a bridal catalogue. And that's probably more of a compliment than a critique. Great job overall.

Care to share some additional shots of this shoot? I would love to see what else you came up with. I think these are awesome. Keep up the good job!

here's one more

4613026434_8b27d036d5.jpg

I have to say.. i think these are great! I work for a big studio and our senior portraits before were very "traditional" and our sales have gone through the floor because thats not what most people are looking for. There is another studio in the same town that are doing these types of senior pictures and they are crazy busy! Times are changing...

I think it would be interesting to see the age of the photogs who are saying things are to racey and whatnot....

I personally think these pictures are great! I love the location (i do agree that some spots there is some distracting stuff in there) but other than that it looks great! Very nicely done!

If i was a dad and had pictures like this of my daughter i would be hanging them but im still young. lol

Keep up the good work!!!

Josh

I didn't read every post, but I got the general idea. Bottom line, I bet the girl absolutely loves these and told all her friends. A young girl wants to look like this, not standing in a cap and gown holding a diploma. I suspect you'll see a spike in business by her word of mouth.

This could be from lack of sleep I have to ask in the 3rd picture of the first post why is the reflection of her different, in the glass her left arm is raised in reflection and not in her pose.

Again I could be totally on crack here it just strikes me as strange.

Plus I thought there were enough comments on the other subject.

Just my 2¢

This could be from lack of sleep I have to ask in the 3rd picture of the first post why is the reflection of her different, in the glass her left arm is raised in reflection and not in her pose.

Again I could be totally on crack here it just strikes me as strange.

Plus I thought there were enough comments on the other subject.

Just my 2¢

the reflection you're seeing is not the one directly next to her, it's one glass pane up.

Thanks for the feedback guys, and she absolutely is in love with them. Already I've got bookings for her friends Grad portraits next year!

Great shots and beautiful subject!

Don't worry about what people say these are great shots, if we shot seniors in the UK these would be classed as very prude compared to what the girls in the UK would want

+1....The USA is one of the most sexually repressed industrial societies on the planet, and has been for a long time. :lmao:

I have to say.. i think these are great! I work for a big studio and our senior portraits before were very "traditional" and our sales have gone through the floor because thats not what most people are looking for. There is another studio in the same town that are doing these types of senior pictures and they are crazy busy! Times are changing...

I think it would be interesting to see the age of the photogs who are saying things are to racey and whatnot....

I personally think these pictures are great! I love the location (i do agree that some spots there is some distracting stuff in there) but other than that it looks great! Very nicely done!

If i was a dad and had pictures like this of my daughter i would be hanging them but im still young. lol

Keep up the good work!!!

Josh

I second this motion.

+1....The USA is one of the most sexually repressed industrial societies on the planet, and has been for a long time. :lmao:

You should see the young girls out on the town they might as well not wear any clothes, even in the winter

Most reactions

Back