Zabrieski Point - Death Valley

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sunrise shots taken last February. Zabrieski Point is 'the' premiere sunrise location in Death Valley.

600-3445.jpg

600-3455.jpg

600-3457.jpg

oooooooohh I like them.

I like the 2nd one best...nice range of tones.

#3 looks pretty cool...with that nice side lighting...but it lacks a sense of scale...is that a mountain...or a mole hill?

Nice series.
Like Mike pointed out...this place can be a real challenge! I just drove through when I was there a couple weeks ago. There were too many people.

A veritable landslide of Death Valley photography. Good stuff. #3 is my favorite of the series.

Thanks everyone. It's a little hard to get scale as everything's kind of alkaline and dead. Pretty though. Too many people can be a real pain to deal with. I stay away from the tourist hot spots on weekends unless there's no way I can do it otherwise. And, it helps considerably that I look like I'll eat their arm.

While I do see in the first two why this Zabriesky Point is THE sunrise point in the area, I still like the last bestestest of all! It could have been one of those photos that I'd admire in any "Beautiful Earth" book by NatGeo or something similar!!!!

Thanks LaFoto and Fin.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back