ZehPhotographic On-Camera Flash Bounce Card Review

Tbini87

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Zeh Photographic On-Camera Flash Bounce Card Review

Hey guys. I got my hands on one of these things and it is pretty sweet for only 10 bucks. The following is a quick little review of the Zeh Bounce.

NOTE: I am fairly new to photography in general and am simply a hobbyist and amateur at the moment. I probably represent the majority of normal everyday people who enjoy photography but don’t have tons of extra money or time to spend on the hobby we love. With that being said, these are some thoughts of the new product:

The Zeh Bounce is a great way to get high quality pictures indoors while using your on camera flash. For those of you who don’t use the flash that comes with your camera then this review isn’t for you. However, for those of us who can’t afford expensive flash units like an SB-600 for over $200, then this $10 piece of equipment will certainly get the job done. It bounces the light off of the ceiling and walls while indoors and gives a much more natural look to a picture. Without the Zeh Bounce pictures taken with the on camera flash usually look really washed out and harsh. The Zeh Bounce takes away the harshness and leaves a more natural looking picture.

Sample images can be seen at Zehphotographic.com
The pictures I added were from my apartment in the normal crummy light that most amateurs shoot in for snap shots of kids and friends and everything else. The walls are beige and NOT white. I did not change any of the lighting and did not edit any of the photos. They aren’t exciting but show the exact results that the everyday person will get by using the Zeh Bounce.

The Zeh Bounce is made of soft, kind of foamy material that is really light weight. This makes it great for being able to pack up easily, and it is so light that you won’t even notice when it is on the camera. Can’t say much about durability so far but can’t imagine it coming apart any time soon.

What I liked:
-Low price tag.
-Very light weight (can’t even notice that it is on the camera).
-Easy to put on and take off camera.
-Makes taking indoor pictures with flash easy to get great results.
-You don’t have to learn how to use it. Just put it on and shoot away like normal.
-Small size and flexible so fitting in camera bag is easy.

What I didn’t like:
-Not going to get the incredible studio portrait results pros can get with expensive lighting gear.
-Need a ceiling and walls to bounce off of (though it would be pretty rare to not have these shooting indoors with a flash right?).

Who would benefit from having one of these?
I think anyone who currently uses their on-camera flash would greatly benefit from buying a Zeh Bounce. You instantly get better, more natural looking pictures indoors while still using your flash in low light situations!

Bottom line:
If you don’t have lots of extra money laying around to buy an external flash or speedlight then this $10 investment is the next best thing! Pick one up and enjoy getting MUCH better pictures hassle free. The Zeh Bounce will turn some decent to poor looking photos into real keepers instantly. Again, this isn’t a replacement for expensive flash equipment, but will improve results drastically and save you TONS of cash. I don’t think anyone that buys one would be disappointed.

Hey guys forgot to mention that if you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask around in this thread, or PM me or whatever.

Looks like Tbini87 Photo's are on the Zehphotographic facebook fan page which can be seen at:
Welcome to Facebook

I think I am going to give it a try as I don't always carry my External flash with me and if it can do the job when I am indoor's that's a plus. And for $10 I don't think it's much of a risk especially after a decent review of the product. Looks like they have install video's on their purchase site which is at http://Zehphotographic.com. I like the fact it looks like it will fit in your pocket and won't easily break if it were plastic.

Also looks like they offer discounts to members of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP) which I was thinking of joining. I will have to look into that. Big Scott Kelby fan, and I know he shoots Nikon. :)

Sorry man.. thats not that good of a review since you did not post your own pictures! Take some pictures of a person or something inside your house! Do one with your built in flash, with no flash, and with a zen card.

Hey guys forgot to mention that if you have any questions or concerns feel free to ask around in this thread, or PM me or whatever.
Tbini87, Schwettylens has a point. Can you upload some of your own images to thePhotoForum so we know that they have not made adjustments on the Zehphotographic website or anything. Would like to see images with people if possible. Thanks.

Sorry man.. thats not that good of a review since you did not post your own pictures! Take some pictures of a person or something inside your house! Do one with your built in flash, with no flash, and with a zen card.

Hey guys, the pics on the facebook page are the pics i submitted and i took all of them on less then 5 minutes simply walking around my apartment. I just took a picture with the normal flash, then put on the bounce card and took another picture. That was it. Really fast and simple, with absolutely no editing. He did not do anything to the pictures on the facebook page.

Tbini87, Schwettylens has a point. Can you upload some of your own images to thePhotoForum so we know that they have not made adjustments on the Zehphotographic website or anything. Would like to see images with people if possible. Thanks.

I wish I was better with the whole technology thing which would have made my review a lot easier and better haha. If I figure out how to upload pics to this forum I will do that no problem. I took a sample pic of my wife standing in our living room in front of the front door which I think is on the Zehphotographic facebook page.

I will try to upload some image directly to this area after I run some test shots. Hope to get it by the end of the week or early next week.

4731835962_92a8ddb268.jpg

Got my Zeh Bounce the other day. Thought I would upload images so other could see. The first (in my kitchen) was without a flash - shadows are very noticeable. Second was with the flash and no bounce installed, very washed out and color lost as my counter is almond in color. The final photo was with the Zeh bounce, which gave me the most natural color and got rid of the shadows. I am very happy with the results. I would agree with Tbini's assessment of the Bounce after shooting some of my own images. I like that 's compact and that it fits in my pocket. I will always have this when I go to family events or just taking photos around the house. I think I made a good purchase for $10.:thumbup:

I also got one and can echo the feedback here. I will post some images later. It does a good job of spreading the light. It's great for indoor family type shots. Maybe birthdays or holiday parties. With a good white ceiling or wall, you can get good results. It's light and takes almost no space in your bag too. :)

Looks like the Zeh bounce, bounced up a little in price up to $12. Still not bad, they even have a comparison to the Gary Fong Puffer which I was looking at the other day. Looks like the image is a little flat on the Puffer compared to the zeh bounce, but independent test should be done to confirm. Still if the pictures are as good as the Gary Fong at about $10 cheaper and the Fong won't fit nicely in my pocket. Still happy with my results. :thumbup:

Zeh Photographic

Most reactions

New Topics

Back