Zeiss Ikon Box question

montresor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just ran a roll through my Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor 56/2 and came up with a loose wind. No way to do a Holga spool-tightening trick with this one. Anyone have experience with this? Obviously I have to make sure at the outset that it at least starts tight, but wondering about any other ways I might finagle a tight wind.

Just ran a roll through my Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor 56/2 and came up with a loose wind. No way to do a Holga spool-tightening trick with this one. Anyone have experience with this? Obviously I have to make sure at the outset that it at least starts tight, but wondering about any other ways I might finagle a tight wind.

I have one but haven't put any film through it. Deserves a look... I'll check it.

Are there retaining springs or is there a film pressure plate? I can't recall...

*runs into the collectible cameras shop*

P1010040.jpg

That's the spring on mine. It's on both sides and also it has springs on the spool tops so the spools don't rotate freely. There is also a sort of a metal plate on the back of the removable back (the one with the red windows) which applies light pressure on the film but it's not spring loaded.

Aha -- the spring tab that rests against the film roll is not present on mine for the take-up spool, just the feed spool. The extant spring tab is held on with a sort of flanged-rivet thing. On the take-up side there's a small indentation where such a thing might go. Looks like it would be easy enough to fabricate a similar spring tab abd secure it in place. (Also, looking at the extant rivet, I can see how it must have popped out -- kind of cheesy looking!) The spool top springs seem okay, firm and tight; and the pressure plate is in place. So I think we found the problem. Thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back