Zenit Users Unite!

blackdoglab

yeah I'm easy.... but I'm not cheap
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Howdy folks and salutations,
I've had my Zenit 12 for nearly a year now and I must admit that we (boris and I) have a real friendship. We go everywhere and do everything. Soooooo, I was just wonderin' how many of you folks own and use one of these snazzy soviet creations.

Haha.. My parents bought Their Zenit 12x around 20 years ago. They used it in Poland, Greece, finally when they came to Canada they retired it and started to use a newer compact..Since then i have just rediscovered it a couple nights ago and WOW i have never held such a sturdy camera in my life.I plan to use it as my first film camera just as my parents did.

The way I see it is, five shutter speeds is plenty for me.

I am loving mine, such a sturdy camera. Only thing is I seem to be lacking a strap, and it is quite heavy, so that is a slight burden....

Used to have one, a Zenit B which I bought in Brno, Czech Republic in 1973. That camera lasted until mid 80s when I attempted to take it apart and clean it. Boy, have I learned a lesson! Ever since I learned how to do it properly but it's fair to say that the Zenit B was my first casualty. I do own a Zorkii 4 special issue of 1967, "50 Years of Soviet Power" though...

Just my luck! Last two rolls I put throught hte Zenith all had light leaks. Looks Like I have a problem on my hands.

Make sure that the back is closed tightly. Sometimes it likes to make mischief.

Drat!

Here I am, working with a Fed, a Zorki and a Kiev, and I could have bought a V8! Oops! 'Scuse me. Meant to say 'Zenit', not 'V8'.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back