Zenitar 16mm for K1000

nealjpage

multi format master in a film geek package
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
It seems rather inexpensive. I seem to remember someone once telling me that you get what you pay for.

I seem to remember someone once telling me that you get what you pay for.

Well... to some extent. You get what you pay for, but you don't only pay for quality, or even for quality control. Often for example you pay for brand name. With a Russian lens you are hardly going to be paying much for the name. Optically such lenses can be pretty good for the money, since they tend to be fairly basic optical designs and often "borrowed" ones. For example I have an 85mm f/2 which is great; it's basically a copy of a very old but very good Zeiss design. The downsides: it's heavy, it's stiff to focus, it's fully manual to the extent of having to set aperture on one dial and use another to actually stop it down. But optically it's very good. And it was a lot less expensive than even this Zenitar.

I would not feel confident buying such a lens from overseas though. Instead I'd suggest waiting for one to turn up on the auction site or on a buy/sell forum. You could probably find one in m42 mount, and then use it with an adapter.

Most reactions

Back