Zero Image 2000 Pinhole

DennyN

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
dennynoll.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got a Zero 2000 pinhole. Up till now I have done all my pinhole 35mm with professionally made pinhole caps, no viewfinder. Are there any Zero 2000 users that can tell me if they ever use the viewfinder provided by Zero Image and with what results. Also any suggestions for dealing with the difficulty seeing the image numbers in the counter window. I am waiting on my first 2 test rolls, didn't bother with the viewfinder. Thanks Denny

My new baby
Zero Image 2000 Back To Nature 6x6 120_frame.JPG

Ask Leo (limr). You're making me drool on my keyboard.

I've never used one of those (though they sure are purdy!!) so I can't tell you anything about the viewfinder. Also...what viewfinder? I don't see one in your picture.

I've never used one of those (though they sure are purdy!!) so I can't tell you anything about the viewfinder. Also...what viewfinder? I don't see one in your picture.

Viewfinder, low, low tech, I'll bet it is not what you expected.
Here is what Zero Image has to say about it: Zero Image Viewfinder Tips
IMG_1367.JPG
IMG_1457b.JPG

Last edited:
So less of a 'viewfinder' and more of just a guideline. I honestly feel that will be more fuss than it's worth. It can be tricky at times to compose, but remember that pinholes are very wide angle, so if you get used to just pointing in the general direction and paying attention to angles, you'll generally get a decent composition. I have 2 ONDU pinholes (one is 35mm, one is 6x6). The 6x6 has guidelines on the top of the camera that are useful (you can see them here: Review: The Ondu Pinhole "Nothing Camera" These days the 35mm has them too, but mine was a first-run version from their Kickstarter campaign so it has no lines. I'm planning on drawing some on.)

If you can translate the angles from the viewfinder to draw lines on the top of the camera, that might be useful as an ad hoc viewfinder father than trying to use that square.

Also remember because of that wide angle, you can get much closer than you think you need to. This is 6x6, taken with the tripod on the ground just about 2 feet or so from the back tire of the bike, and yet you can see how much of the scene it still captured.

rBike Rack
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

So less of a 'viewfinder' and more of just a guideline. I honestly feel that will be more fuss than it's worth. It can be tricky at times to compose, but remember that pinholes are very wide angle, so if you get used to just pointing in the general direction and paying attention to angles, you'll generally get a decent composition. I have 2 ONDU pinholes (one is 35mm, one is 6x6). The 6x6 has guidelines on the top of the camera that are useful (you can see them here: Review: The Ondu Pinhole "Nothing Camera" These days the 35mm has them too, but mine was a first-run version from their Kickstarter campaign so it has no lines. I'm planning on drawing some on.)

If you can translate the angles from the viewfinder to draw lines on the top of the camera, that might be useful as an ad hoc viewfinder father than trying to use that square.

Also remember because of that wide angle, you can get much closer than you think you need to. This is 6x6, taken with the tripod on the ground just about 2 feet or so from the back tire of the bike, and yet you can see how much of the scene it still captured.

rBike Rack

Thank you, very helpful.....

rBike Rack

Glad to help. I really enjoy pinhole photography. Would love to see some of your results when you have them!

rBike Rack

Glad to help. I really enjoy pinhole photography. Would love to see some of your results when you have them!

Still waiting on my first 2 test rolls of 120 from the Zero 2000. Will post a couple when they get back. Here are some of my 35mm SLR with Pinhole cap attempts. Pinhole - Denny Noll

rBike Rack

OK got my first rolls back for the Zero Image 2000, here are a couple pics. Wow that lens sure was hard to clean. Couldn't see the lens it was too teenie, tiny. It was the size of, oh wow, no lens at all, it was a PINHOLE.

Porta 400 at about 4-5 seconds

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back