Zombies!

kc502

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I have a upcoming composite shoot and with a zombie theme so I have to learn how to make zombies these are what I've come up with in the first couple of days of trying with some old portraits and I kinda threw the composite together using the zombies I made and random photos from the past year, It's 9 photos all together.

4540642910_c4f833a334_b.jpg

4546943351_1f752614f1_b.jpg

4540642470_0f078de038_b.jpg

4540642644_11a6a0ace0_b.jpg

They are pretty cool, however, without the title/description I wouldn't have guessed they were zombies.

^what he said, except #3....

the rest look like steak people....

I think they look like they have steak on them. I don't know much about the muscular structure of the body but the muscles that are exposed don't look like they belong where they are. Most of them look like a mask made with a raw steak.

I think #3 is the better of the lot, the white/pale skin. But the eyes are too crisp.
You need to start making them look like the "Living dead"

The backrounds need to be a little darker.

They are pretty cool, however, without the title/description I wouldn't have guessed they were zombies.
I wish you'd explain what you think a zombie looks like, Im all for advice. Yeah like I said these were my first attempts ever, after watching tutorials I know I should have done more layering and stuff on the wounds. But if your talking about being pale then not all zombie movies make their zombies pale, and as for eyes ever movie is also diff Ive seen from pure black like what I used to red. I didn't add any blood because I hate photoshopped blood and in the actual shoot I'll be mixing photoshop with real makeup/blood on the models.

I wish you'd explain what you think a zombie looks like, Im all for advice. Yeah like I said these were my first attempts ever, after watching tutorials I know I should have done more layering and stuff on the wounds. But if your talking about being pale then not all zombie movies make their zombies pale, and as for eyes ever movie is also diff Ive seen from pure black like what I used to red. I didn't add any blood because I hate photoshopped blood and in the actual shoot I'll be mixing photoshop with real makeup/blood on the models.

If you have seen so many zombie movies, then you should have a good idea of what they look like :greenpbl:

If you have seen so many zombie movies, then you should have a good idea of what they look like :greenpbl:

well other then not being bloody, if you've seen a zombie movie then you'd know not every movie has pale blueish or green people running around, every zombie movie does zombies diff, some are slow moving, some run, some are normal colored just depends. You don't just turn grey if you change from a bite or instantly after you die. I'll be using blood on set so if thats a problem with them then thas explained, I agree the wounds could use a few more layers to get rid of the look but just because he has skin missing doesn't mean it's to the point you see muscle fibers like in a science book. Does anyone here have a example of their work to show me what I'm doing wrong or is just hehe you never seen a zombie movie or it looks like steak the best you can do? I'm up for constructive criticism but so far it's been pretty worthless. These were my first attempts ever so let me see your stuff

number three looks great. The rest.. not so much. They look like you just masked some steak on. Granted, they are much better than i could do, but still.

well other then not being bloody, if you've seen a zombie movie then you'd know not every movie has pale blueish or green people running around, every zombie movie does zombies diff, some are slow moving, some run, some are normal colored just depends. You don't just turn grey if you change from a bite or instantly after you die. I'll be using blood on set so if thats a problem with them then thas explained, I agree the wounds could use a few more layers to get rid of the look but just because he has skin missing doesn't mean it's to the point you see muscle fibers like in a science book. Does anyone here have a example of their work to show me what I'm doing wrong or is just hehe you never seen a zombie movie or it looks like steak the best you can do? I'm up for constructive criticism but so far it's been pretty worthless. These were my first attempts ever so let me see your stuff

None of what you just mentioned was said by me so perhaps you should direct your frustrations elsewhere. I simply stated I wouldn't have guessed zombies if I was not presented with the title and description. I would have guessed it was depicting a rash, leprosy, or some wicked eczema.

You need to chill man, it's not like we said "Lol that sucks man!". You can't expect us to tell you how to do it, be it by our own examples or tell you step by step. Plus none of us said we actually CAN or have done it better or even at all. We gave you our opinions, the least you can expect whether you like it or not; the rest is up to you.

You need to chill man, it's not like we said "Lol that sucks man!". You can't expect us to tell you how to do it, be it by our own examples or tell you step by step. Plus none of us said we actually CAN or have done it better or even at all. We gave you our opinions, the least you can expect whether you like it or not; the rest is up to you.

I admit I got a little frustrated but my whole thing was I didnt ask how to do anything I said the whole point to those practice photos was to prepare for my actual shoot and that I had just done the wounds without blood because Im using actual fake blood for the shoot and I just wanted to learn how to make wounds and next thing I know I have people asking me if I've ever seen a zombie movie and when I asked what they Think a zombie looks like they refused to awnser. The truth is every movie has different zombies they come in green,blue, pale, normal skin tones sometimes they are dirty sometimes they don't have anything wrong with them appearence wise other then eyes. but thats in the past you can let this thread die lol I just posted the actual shoot so go see if thats zombish enough for everyone. Hopfully it is lol

I admit I got a little frustrated but my whole thing was I didnt ask how to do anything I said the whole point to those practice photos was to prepare for my actual shoot and that I had just done the wounds without blood because Im using actual fake blood for the shoot and I just wanted to learn how to make wounds and next thing I know I have people asking me if I've ever seen a zombie movie and when I asked what they Think a zombie looks like they refused to awnser. The truth is every movie has different zombies they come in green,blue, pale, normal skin tones sometimes they are dirty sometimes they don't have anything wrong with them appearence wise other then eyes. but thats in the past you can let this thread die lol I just posted the actual shoot so go see if thats zombish enough for everyone. Hopfully it is lol

KC
Whenever one receives criticism, one needs to remove oneself from the criticism. Generally the criticism is not of the person, but the work. By doing so, you can look back and decide if you want to make changes or not and go about your business without trying to justify what you have done.

When you get older and have received enough criticism, you may understand this.

Most reactions

Back