Zoo Animals Part 2 (7 photos)

el_shorty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
More photos from the National Zoo in Washington DC.
You can see part 1 here

1. Giant Panda (Ailuropoda melanoleuca)
This is Tai Shan, the star of the National Zoo, he was born on July 09, 2005

2. Mexican Grey Wolf (Canis lupus baileyi)

3. Gaboon Viper (Bitis gabonia)

4. Blue Poison Arrow Frog (Dendrobates azureus)

5 Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)

6.Cheetah (Acinonyx jubatus)

7. American Alligator (Alligator mississippiensis)

Wow...another stunning series. Any one of these could be in a magazine. Awesome.

Thanks, animals are my favorite subjects to shoot. with my camera of course.

Wow your photos are stunnin I especially love the wolf you've captured the essence of him perfectly

What fantastic shots! I would not have guessed these came from a zoo, very different from the zoo shots I've seen!

Chiller said:
Wow...another stunning series. Any one of these could be in a magazine. Awesome.

Somehow this morning Chiller is taking the words right out of my mouth!

And to have got that cheetah in its favourite way of being, i.e. running, is ever so good. But I also like that drinking wolf!

Well, I like ALL of these.
Must go to the zoo ... though it will be hard to capture anything as well as you did here!

Thanks for the comments, everybody.

LaFoto said:
And to have got that cheetah in its favourite way of being, i.e. running, is ever so good. But I also like that drinking wolf!

Well, I like ALL of these.
Must go to the zoo ... though it will be hard to capture anything as well as you did here!
Capturing the Cheetah running was one of the hardest things to do, I think that I shot about 120 photos just to get this one, good thing it was early in the morning and the cheetahs were all energetic and running and playing all over.

The only animals that I haven't been able to get good photos of my favorites, the Sumatran Tigers, they are always sleeping.

I love the frog and the eagle!

These two pages (this and pat one I guess) are dog-slow! What server is that?

Anyway only those two load so I can't comment on the others. But I really dig that frog! Seriously! Heh! A blue frog... kewl!!!

Most reactions

Back