Zoo in Emmen, Netherlands II

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This penguin posed nicely for me and we got that close to them in their large and attractive zoo-home that I even managed to get this close-up without the 300mm lens of my broken :)cry: ) SLR

ZooEmmen_Pinguin.jpg

In the butterfly house, with the rain pelting onto the roof, the light situation was so I never got any good close-ups...

ZooEmmen_Schmetterlinge1.jpg

...other than this one on my daughter's finger, but with the wings closed :(

ZooEmmen_Schmetterlinge2.jpg

I could have used the flash more, but it was way too direct and made the photos look ugly.

Other photographers round there were ever so much better equipped than myself...

Fotograf.jpg

Sigh......

Very nice LaFoto. I like the third, with the butterfly on the finger. But dude sure has a lens with him eh? Holy magnification batman..
Very cool stuff again LaFoto!!

My photo of the pelicans (cannot or rather MUST NEVER be compared to deveel's Pelican Ballet!) :blushing:

ZooEmmen_Pelikane.jpg

I am so mad at myself for cropping the one beak off just a little! :mad:

And the baboons --- I don't like them too much when they are grown, but their babies are cute! I had to crop out the baby from bigger originals, though, since I was without my telephoto lens

ZooEmmen_Paviane.jpg

ZooEmmen_Paviane2.jpg

ZooEmmen_Pavianbaby-crop.jpg

After some other baboon had started chewing on this, the tiniest of all tried to feed on the biggest of branches ;)

Oh well, Chiller, "dude's" lens was still on the smaller side compared to some the others brought (must have been a chartered bus of a photography club). Thanks for looking. Here's more.

nice pics. really like the butterfly on the finger.
I have to go to that zoo sometime too, havent been there in ages.
Greetz Daan

Wow, LaFoto, the baboons are so great! You caught them nicely in a very natural way. Great pics! And I love the reflections in the pelican shot! Somehow makes the left one look like donald duck in the reflection :)

wonderful shots lafoto, who needs a 300mm lens when you can get that close with such well defined captures, nice work.

omg the last with the photographer is the best :) I've never seen such a "pillow" as the one on his flash :p just kidding. I do like the one with a butterfly on the finger :) the texture of the wing is so nice!!!!

Most reactions

Back