Zoo time

Mansi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
some very 'blah' shots.. but i am realllly itching to post some photos.. shot these about 10 days back.. but wasnt happy at all with my trip to the zoo.. so anyway here goes.. i'll go back and try more.. bad day it was photographically!
cant quite compare to with the quality of the zoo pics we have around here.. but anyway... love to hear what you guys think :)

144614ef.jpg

a406dfea.jpg

b6fc84d9.jpg

a9ff87c3.jpg

thanks for looking :)

Well, admitted: I do see where you are having "issues" with these, mostly so with the first two, right? But could not a post processing software solve the overexposure problems of the first just a bit? I would think there is still a chance for that first.

Nothing will give you the tips of the wings back that you (accidentally, I am just sure) cropped off that marabu (marabu? Looks like one to me....) flying "home" with his prey. Otherwise that one would have been quite good. You did encounter some light problems there, you must have been there at around noon, high, glaring sun, right?

Therefore I must say: the third is the best "frozen action", though you can't quite overlook the hotspots. But I like the translucent "near wing"!!!

And the "landing approach" in the fourth is also nice... will the duck make it away from under the pelican in time?????? ;)

Cool shots Mansi. I love the pose in the first. Looks like he is into a good TV show. The last shot had me staring at it. I was wondering if he landed on the bird in the water or if he had passed it by that point. Too bad the tips of the wings got cut off on the second. That is a great shot.
Well done Mansi.

Never seen a bear with a gold necklace on before :mrgreen:
Great job on these Mansi, # 3 is funny!

This is really different for you. Great action captures, I love them especially the last image. Now you will be hooked on capturing action.

Eric

i love these Mansi and indeed something new from you. your diversity in photography is boundless. :)

I personally have always had a hard time taking anything other than a blah shot at a zoo...that said I have seen some stunners in this and other forums.
The bird shots are just shy of being great shots mostly due to minor compositional and technical flaws...chalk it up to experience.
Love the one where the pelican is about to splashdown on the poor unsuspecting ducky. :D
The bear is nice compo. - wise and just needs some tweaking to be a nice piccie....the detail is there.
love seeing your work mansi...keep it coming. :thumbup:

Diversity is always a wonderful thing, especially in photography. I really like the last two shots. I too have been disappointed at zoo shots, but you have inspired me to go out this weekend and try.

thanks you guys:blushing:

Lafoto:
...Nothing will give you the tips of the wings back that you (accidentally, I am just sure) cropped off that marabu (marabu? Looks like one to me....) flying "home" with his prey. Otherwise that one would have been quite good. You did encounter some light problems there, you must have been there at around noon, high, glaring sun, right?...
corinna.. the one with the fish in his mouth would be a painted stork.. the rest are pelicans...also those guys are fast.. so to expose correct and focus and compose is very very tough... i didnt cut off the wings.. thats how it was captured.. i was just kinda dissed about the blown whites in a lot of pics, hence tried to underexpose all my shots on the advice of a photographer.. but ahh well.. they still turned out crap :( .. and yes the feed time for those birdies is 1 pm.. and boy it was hot... i was toast :lol:
thanks a lot for your comments :)

Thanks chiller, M@ko and eric

i love these Mansi and indeed something new from you. your diversity in photography is boundless. :)
JonMikal! that is something that should be said for you.. not me! :hail: thanks so very much:blushing: .. its your diversity and exellence in every which way you point your camera :thumbup:

thanks JonK for looking and your comments :)

Diversity is always a wonderful thing, especially in photography. I really like the last two shots. I too have been disappointed at zoo shots, but you have inspired me to go out this weekend and try.
Thanks cannoncan.. hope you get some great shots over the weekend.. it is your shots that are an inspiration to a lot :)

thanks everyone for looking :)

Most reactions

Back