zoom lens for d3100?!

shents

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey peeps please help what's the best zoom lens to get for my new Nikon, I'm very new to this and want to make a wise choice, also on a budget! Off to see the Terracotta Army and want maximum use of my new camera , any help would be much appreciated . Also for future ref I'm really interested in getting a macro lens for all the weird and wonderful bugs in china, Kelly

412 Burgh said:
soo.. do you have a budget at all?

Hey thanks for reply, yes I have a budget of a meagre £150 ha for the zoom ill get the macro after but need both eventually

Solidjake said:
Check my sig, get the 55-200mm

Thanks ill check it out , I'm on my iPhone so just getting used to the site, there are so many lenses for the uninformed its a nightmare and I don't want to buy cheap crap, but appreciate i have a smaller budget . Kelly

412 Burgh said:
150 is about 200 american right? Well that slims you down to about 2 lenses.

I think so haha hit me with what you recommend, I'm just starting off so will get better lenses at later date when more free cash, also right down the more expensive but also bare in mind I am not planning on being the next david bailey :)

Hi, and welcome to TPF! Since you're actively discussing lenses, I thought I'd put this thread in the most logical place. ;) Good luck with your search - have fun!

terri said:
Hi, and welcome to TPF! Since you're actively discussing lenses, I thought I'd put this thread in the most logical place. ;) Good luck with your search - have fun!

Terri you are a star I'm really having trouble using my iPhone and navigating this site I am new haha, that's probably a reason why not many people are replying :) I Do apologise for cluttering any discussions, it has took me a while how to find the darn button to create a thread on this phone. ill have lap top tomorrow so hopefully much better

55-200mm f/4.0-5.6G AF-S VR DX IF ED is what I have if your phone doesn't show it.

I paid $138 USD for it which is 85 pounds. They usually go up to 170 here or 105 pounds.

Solidjake said:
55-200mm f/4.0-5.6G AF-S VR DX IF ED is what I have if your phone doesn't show it.

I paid $138 USD for it which is 85 pounds. They usually go up to 170 here or 105 pounds.

Thank you do much I'm like a sponge taking in everything from this site, I google to much and confuse myself haha

18-70mm or 18-105mm VR. Both can be had pretty cheap and cover a nice range. The 18-70mm is built very well and I really like it. For really cheap, you can find a 18-55 VR to start out with. It has excellent image quality for a kit lens.

odagled said:
18-70mm or 18-105mm VR. Both can be had pretty cheap and cover a nice range. The 18-70mm is built very well and I really like it. For really cheap, you can find a 18-55 VR to start out with. It has excellent image quality for a kit lens.

Thank u

Sorry Shents i don't wanna hijack your thread. If your going to see the Terracotta Army Your going to love it. Pit1 has VERY good lighting. Pits 2 and 3 are very dark so make sure you have lots of flash. I was there two years ago this spring. took a zillion photos. Bought my D3100 in Hong Kong. Got back to the states and daughter lesft one suitcasein the air port. Yes murphy was with us, it was the one with ALL the SD cards in it. So 17 days in China and no photos. i am currently running the DX 18-55 lens with a fujiama .45 af pro wide lens with macro. I want to go bigger as friends son is going to state chapionship high scool wrestling and i need something to reach out and see inside.

Most reactions

Back