Zoom Lense for Dimage Z10

sniper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, im new here and this is my first question!

I recently bought a Minolta Dimage Z10 (3.2Mp, 8X Optical)

Im very happy with the camera itself and the standard zoom, but i need more zooooom ! lol

Im a zoom person and just wondering if theres any attachable zoom lenses for the Z10? it has a thread around the end of the lense so something can be screwed on.... Ive heard of people making dummy adaptors so they can attach a bigger lense onto smaller compact digital cameras...

Anyone have any ideas to point me in the right direction? or any personal experiences with this?

Thanks

ps awesome site, very helpful :D

I have the Z5 and get the fairest rates at amazon.com

The attachments available for your camera can be found at www.Amazon.com
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002PQ03E/ref=pd_rhf_p_2/104-5250548-2463128?v=glance&s=photo&n=499262&no=*"]Konica Minolta ZCA-300 Adapter Ring for attaching filter/converter lens[/ame] by Konica

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002RQO9C/ref=pd_rhf_p_3/104-5250548-2463128?v=glance&s=photo&n=499262&no=*"]Konica Minolta ZCW-200 Wide Angle Converter Kit for Dimage Z10 & Z20 Digital Cameras[/ame] by Konica Minolta

Then you can order 52 m/m Filters for close-up Photography/circular polarizers etc..Not sure if that was what you were looking for ,but there is not a mention in regards to long distance zoom .. Good luck

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Yay another queenslander!

Someone will be along shortly to move your post into the right forum. But if your lens has a thread then you can definately screw filters on to it and the other things that Click Crazy has mentioned (although I didn't look at his/her links there)

Just check the diameter of your lens, marked on the lens with a little diameter symbol (a circle with a line through it), or on the inside of your lens cap, or in the manual. That way when you go to the shop you know what size filters to buy.

Minolta produce the ACT-100 1.5x teleconverter, u.k. price is about £150.00 and Soligor make a 1.6x teleconvertter which is a lot cheaper... presumably both have a 52mm thread to attach to the Minolta filter adapter. Quality wise, you be better going for Minolta's own... it looks substantial with a large objective lens, so it should let in plenty of light.
Remember teleconverters magnify everything... not just good things ;) With a teleconverter you'll be shooting at 400mm so a tripod may be needed to get sharp results.

cheers,
Hawkwind

Most reactions

Back