Zoomed Insects

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not as hard as flying birds but hard to find in viewfinder quickly. Missed a couple of cool ones because I couldn't locate in viewer. It was fun though. Walk through of Key Vista Park trail in Holiday Florida. The first dragon fly smiled for the camera. Canon SX60HS. Unedited except for a crop.

5cca8fccfaf43ce6a836c648c703fdbc.jpg

bea546aaa09a22d11d2cb58aa56eaed0.jpg

4cd5cf644128c1e10b986cd84bf5cce6.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

nice set. number one and two it looks like the head and body are slightly out of focus.. always get the focus point on the eye or head if you can

number 3 is very nice.. they are all good photos over all.

nice set. number one and two it looks like the head and body are slightly out of focus.. always get the focus point on the eye or head if you can

Thanks Danny. Yeah, I don't think this bridge camera work's like my DSLR. Good tip because it forced me to dig into menu. I found a feature where it zooms in on focus area, I will give that a try. Not sure how much it will interfere with framing, will try it out. Thanks bud!

Thanks Danny. Yeah, I don't think this bridge camera work's like my DSLR. Good tip because it forced me to dig into menu. I found a feature where it zooms in on focus area, I will give that a try. Not sure how much it will interfere with framing, will try it out. Thanks bud!

your welcome. yeah i dont know much about the little point and shoots. i have mainly used those for shooting video or just shot in auto mode but i know allot of them have manual settings so you may be able to change the focus points..

i shot a dragon fly with my 150-600mm and it worked out pretty well. i zoomed in, got close and backed up just far enough that the lens would focus.. if your too close it cant focus.. here are the shots. maybe give your big lens a try some time..

20151106-DSC_3284.jpg 20151106-DSC_3292.jpg

Wow, those are nice! Can't wait to get home and try that with mine. 20 ft or just under is minimum with my 150-600 sigma lens. I didn't feel like lugging that through airport and chance messing it up. Overall, pleasantly surprised at the quality of photo's for this bridge super zoom, it likes a lot of light to eliminate the watercolor effect. Fun camera to shoot with. It has a level feature I like a lot and the view finder is good for a point and shoot. The flash works incredibly well too.

yeah, looks like a nice camera that takes nice photos..,

i want to get one of those bridge cameras with crazy zoom, i have had my eye on the nikon p900 or something simualr but well i dont want to spend that kind of money on it. lol..

yeah, looks like a nice camera that takes nice photos..,

i want to get one of those bridge cameras with crazy zoom, i have had my eye on the nikon p900 or something simualr but well i dont want to spend that kind of money on it. lol..
I picked this up from Canon store as a refurbished for 350 with full warranty. I did a lot of research as this was supposed to be for someone else. The IQ reviewed better than the P900 and Flickr photos were impressive. I have been shooting in program auto for the most part. The viewer is way better for sure.

i just looked at some of the photos on flickr since you mentioned it. lots of very impressive photos for a bridge camera...

i just looked at some of the photos on flickr since you mentioned it. lots of very impressive photos for a bridge camera...
Most shot in auto too. Manual, Tv, and Av don't work as well either, or I haven't figured it out yet. This camera seems proud of it's auto and rightfully so. I like program so far the best. I still have access to ISO, exposure, etc. Neat little camera.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back