Zoomed vs up-close details

I'd ignore him expect for all the bad advice he gives to others that are really in need of help.

What? I have not observed hamlet to give any advice at all. This sounds like a lame excuse for continuing to hound someone you don't like. I suggest that you grow up.

really? when he's not busy asking troll questions that he doesn't actually want an answer to, he's busy giving out lens recommendations.

He's been whoring the 50mm 1.8D a lot lately (not a bad thing necessarily), regardless of application (bad thing), which I find humorous as he's stated he'll never buy it himself because it's "inferior glass".

Not as much now. I'm trying to process all the pictures i took in lightroom, none of my pictures look right. I am messing up my bokeh in post.

You cannot change bokeh in post processing or anywhere else. It is a function of the design of the lens and cannot be changed. You are likely confusing the out-of-focus area caused by depth of field with bokeh which is the pattern in which the out of focus area is rendered. They are NOT the same thing.

I'm sorry, that is it. I got the terms confused.

Lets keep things on topic please, and leave personal attacks out before this thread gets ugly.
If i have to start cleaning up posts after this im not going to be happy.

And you don't want a grumpy medic!!

If you're having trouble with specific photos then try posting them up for critique - mention what you did, show what you have and say what you wanted and what went wrong. Then you can start to put together and get input on where you might have made changes and on how the theories apply in the real world

At the moment you're chasing theories - technical ones in an attempt to salvage photos. However without context many of the questions become meaningless unless you go well into the maths side of things and they also totally ignore the creative and compositional side of things.

My OP was answered on page one by you good folks. I have many idle curiosities from the technical side of things almost completely unrelated to photography from time to time and this one put a whole lot of things into perspective for me. My OP doesn't make a whole lot of sense when you explained it to me in a proper fashion.

Most reactions

Back