Shaker Village - Harrodsburg, KY

dmjoyce951

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Had a nice time wandering around Shaker Village this past weekend and was overwhelmed with opportunities for good photos. All were taken with a Canon 7d mk ii and a Sigma 17-50mm lens.

IMG_4130.jpeg

ISO 250 21mm f/6.3 1/250

IMG_4122.jpeg

ISO 200 17mm f/8.0 1/250

IMG_4120.jpeg

ISO 400 17mm f/5.6 1/8000

IMG_4119.jpeg

ISO 400 17mm f/16 1/125

Last edited:
A beautiful set of landscape images! Howdy and welcome! I keep telling myself every time I drive through the Lexington area, that I'm going to stop and get some images of that castle near Versailles just off of 60.

Thanks so much everyone!

A beautiful set of landscape images! Howdy and welcome! I keep telling myself every time I drive through the Lexington area, that I'm going to stop and get some images of that castle near Versailles just off of 60.

I actually live within about 2 miles of the castle and toured it last year but didn’t have a camera at that time. I need to go back again and get some photos!

Thanks so much everyone!

I actually live within about 2 miles of the castle and toured it last year but didn’t have a camera at that time. I need to go back again and get some photos!
Please do! It looks beautiful from the road. I'm always in a rush to get to Lebanon OH from Nashville, and never budget any time to stop.

It's a great feeling when you go somewhere and your mind is going crazy with excitement from the many opportunities in front of you! 🌞

It's a great feeling when you go somewhere and your mind is going crazy with excitement from the many opportunities in front of you! 🌞
I figured this would be a good place to go since I’m a complete newbie at terrestrial photography (I started solely as an astrophotographer). I wanted to find a place that would have a lot of good opportunities and allow me to practice figuring all of this out!

I figured this would be a good place to go since I’m a complete newbie at terrestrial photography (I started solely as an astrophotographer). I wanted to find a place that would have a lot of good opportunities and allow me to practice figuring all of this out!

You certainly have the eye to expand your horizons. Looking good already! ✅

Most reactions

Back