Sigma 150-600 zoom lens

boss421a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am looking to get a longer zoom lens for my Nikon d7500. I am mainly wanting it for soccer games, air force jets, and the moon. Doing research, it seems like the Sigma 150-600 mm lens would be a good fit. Does anyone have experience with this lens on a d7500. Pros and cons? Thanks!

I am looking to get a longer zoom lens for my Nikon d7500. I am mainly wanting it for soccer games, air force jets, and the moon. Doing research, it seems like the Sigma 150-600 mm lens would be a good fit. Does anyone have experience with this lens on a d7500. Pros and cons? Thanks!
Which version are you asking about?

I had the Sony DG DN version for a day then returned it and changed for the Sony 200-600mm. I couldn't believe how awkward and clumsy the Sigma was to handle. The difference between the two was night and day.

The contemporary, not the sport.
I have a friend who shoots the Sigma Contemporary on a Sony to good results, I wouldn't be afraid of it at all. People are going to tell you there are better lenses, but all of them cost a lot more $.

You'll get plenty of resolution out of that lens on a 21MP APS-C sensor. There's no need to spend more.

B&H currently has the Sigma on sale for $889.00. They also have it with the 1.4 TC for around $1300. That'd give you a TON of reach @ 1260mm equivalence!

Last edited:
I had the D7500 and a Tamron 150-600 Gen 1. It worked well with the D7500. But, if I had that rig today I would go for a used Nikon 200-500 f/5.6. I think it has the best VR and IQ of any of the consumer super zooms. And, because you are shooting dSLR F mount, the 200-500 can be had relatively cheap from MPB or KEH. (jmho)

Most reactions

Back