Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still a stud!
    My Gallery
    (0)
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hertz van Rental
    An obsession with shutter speeds and apertures is not unusual but try to get out of it. It serves no real purpose and takes your mind off the important things - like the image.
    I would agree that just recording aperture and shutter probably doesn't serve all that much purpose. I can usually remember those anyway, because I tend to use similar settings for certain subjects and lighting and cameras. But I do think that a more journalistic approach would be valuable. I would like to get into the habit of jotting down the date, lighting, weather, equipment, etc..., and even make a few notes about my state of mind, what I am thinking about, what I might be trying to achieve on that particular outing...

Recently I checked out the Diane Arbus exhibit "Family Albums". The most fascinating part for me was that they had a lot of her contacct sheets up. It was really cool to be able to see almost the whole shoot; all the photos that were taken, but not picked as the final portrait. I like exhibitions that give me some insite into the ideas, techniques, and mental/emotional processes of the photographer or artist.

Just like going back through old photos, I think that going back through old ideas and goals (possibly realized or not) would be helpful for me. I meant to start doing it today! But I forgot the notebook
    "There's no particular class of photograph that I think is any better than any other class. I'm always and forever looking for the image that has spirit! I don't give a damn how it got made." -Minor White

http://www.henrypeach.com
    http://www.mattneedham.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Ads