'08 Subject Assignment - WINDOWS - Due July 18th

I took that picture in Ocho Rios Jamaica...and thank you very much!!

Found one more Window picture!

DSC05725.jpg

Through my truck window. Lucky's is a gas station, btw.

luckysbwrsff1.jpg

Wow photo #2 is definately more cheery than the first.

Well, here's my submission. . . It's not the best, but let's just face it, I'm an amateur!

Here it is:
IMGP0677.jpg

Well, here's my submission. . . It's not the best, but let's just face it, I'm an amateur!

Here it is:
IMGP0677.jpg

You do like to tackle the tough ones! :)

This is quite a tricky exposure. You did very well. I'd probably have wimped out, taking two different exposures and tried merging them in photoshop.

This doesn't get much tougher, super bright windows and dark church interior. Phew. Good job.

You do like to tackle the tough ones! :)

This is quite a tricky exposure. You did very well. I'd probably have wimped out, taking two different exposures and tried merging them in photoshop.

This doesn't get much tougher, super bright windows and dark church interior. Phew. Good job.
Thanks for the compliment! To be honest with you, I actually didn't have any trouble with this shot. I guess it was because I was focusing on the lighter parts of the image, mostly on the windows and the reflecting light on the tops of the pews, rather than trying to adjust for the darkness of the church. I actually got lucky with the church I used, it's the chapel at the college I attend, and these gorgeous stained glass windows are on all but one wall, so there is quite a bit of light inside the chapel. I must have taken at least 30-40 pictures of this wall alone just to get the exposure right, and this was one of only like 3 pictures that turned out.

Nowhere as challenging as 93formulalt1's church interior, but I liked the angles and contrast.

2696695743_9f0fcdda38.jpg

Some interesting textures and angles in that location Adrian. Did you shoot more there?

From this last Wednesday. Still using the light from our backdoor slider.

One of these years I have to get more adventurous and try alternate lighting.

This is a house made from shells which my wife has had for the almost 30 years I've known her. It has been in her family for longer than that. There's a small light bulb inside the house, but I'm too unsure of its electrical integrity. I'd hate to have it begin to burn and be ruined.

2696696185_0c403feeeb_b.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back