1st holiday of the year

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has just been booked. Mrs Darfion and i are off to the beautiful island of Skiathos in Greece. We fly off mid June for a week or so of Greek culture and hot weather. Not to mention excellent cuisine. The Greeks tend to under-cook rather than over-cook so if you want steak, for example, opt for well done if you want medium etc.

Last year i forgot this golden rule and asked for fillet steak. Now i like my steak medium rare but this, i'm sure, still had a pulse when the waiter brought it over to me. It was still very good though.

It looks a beautiful island steeped in history so, alchohol permitting, i should be able to take some half decent photo's.

Darfion said:
Has just been booked. Mrs Darfion and i are off to the beautiful island of Skiathos in Greece. We fly off mid June for a week or so of Greek culture and hot weather. Not to mention excellent cuisine. The Greeks tend to under-cook rather than over-cook so if you want steak, for example, opt for well done if you want medium etc.

Last year i forgot this golden rule and asked for fillet steak. Now i like my steak medium rare but this, i'm sure, still had a pulse when the waiter brought it over to me. It was still very good though.

It looks a beautiful island steeped in history so, alchohol permitting, i should be able to take some half decent photo's.

Congrats! You'll have a great time, I'm sure.

Don't imbibe yourself with too much Ouzo or Metaxa! :lol: :lol:

Retsina, a greek variety of wine, will leave you with a long lasting impression. Some like it, most don't.

But above all, enjoy the trip. I'm jealous... :evil:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back