1st Post @TPF

sup_dgp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Picture 0071.jpg
Hey guys, I'm new in TPF. Suggested by my photography mentor @Raj_55555 ... I have a passion for photography from 2009 when I got my first as my birthday gift(Samsung ES60). But my first post for TPF will be a bird photography taken with my second camera (Nikon P500)!!!
This is my most favorite picture, feel free to critique!
Hope you like it and new pictures will be coming soon!!!

Last edited:
That's the angry bird, right?

Welcome to TPF.

Joe

Welcome.
As for critique, Excellent focus on the eye, love the bokeh, however, I would rather not see the tail, and especially the toes cropped off. A little more crop on the left. Level the bar the bird is perched on.
There are a lot of folks here that can help you improve if that's what you're looking for.

Welcome to the forum. You will get all the "review" that you want from the folks here.

I agree with HughGuessWho. In bird pictures, it is very important to see the whole bird, unless that is not possible, and to not "cut off" any of its parts. As well, a frontal or side view is always better and an eye that is in sharp focus is almost essential. You might want to check out some of the postings by CoastalConn as he is probably the best bird photographer on this forum.

WesternGuy

That's a very good bird photo as mentioned above.
and Raj is an excellent mentor - he has provided some exquisite photos here on TPF.

Welcome to TPF.
Overall a good image. Nice focus and detail.
Agree with suggestions above. If this was a crop and you have the rest of the bird in the full frame I would level the image then crop close to the tail and feet but leave a little room. I would also crop out the post on the left.

A mentor would be a stronger word than I would use - all I do is review his images occasionally! Good to see you here buddy.. :1247:
Nikon P500 is a very capable camera, I started with something very similar. Get rid of the left pillar..

And yeah, welcome to TPF :allteeth:

A mentor would be a stronger word than I would use - all I do is review his images occasionally! Good to see you here buddy.. :1247:
Nikon P500 is a very capable camera, I started with something very similar. Get rid of the left pillar..

And yeah, welcome to TPF :allteeth:

Oh no... I see what your doing here. Your recruiting an army of photographers just in case another cat war erupts. Oh ya, I got your number buddy...

Lol...

Ok, so for the OP, as mentioned there are some composition things to work on here, don't crop the feet or tail. In general with birds it's never a bad idea to shoot just a bit wide, so you've got more choices as far as composition in post. Works better with a larger sensor of course but eventually you get a feel for how much you can crop and still have the end result turn out to be acceptable.

Looks like your off to a great start though, look forward to seeing some more of your work.

Thanks to everyone for supporting me from the very first day!! Thanks to everyone for all the advice.. I hope I'll follow all the advises and try to do my best for all my upcoming photographs!!

And thanks for such a nice welcome!!!

Thanks to everyone for supporting me from the very first day!! Thanks to everyone for all the advice.. I hope I'll follow all the advises and try to do my best for all my upcoming photographs!!

Well your off to a fantastic start. Here's a site that helped me quite a bit on composition:

5 Easy Composition Guidelines from Nikon

There are a ton of others of course, but always liked how this one was presented.

Welcome to the forum. We are all jealous because Raj is your mentor. (BTW- if you crop out the left pillar, take some off the top as well.)

Good Luck and Good Shooting,
Gary

Hi, welcome to TPF. Good image, nice focus

Oh no... I see what your doing here. Your recruiting an army of photographers just in case another cat war erupts. Oh ya, I got your number buddy...

Lol...
:lol: Good old days! I can't believe it's been 2 Years since that thread.. :1251:

For those who are wondering and need a lesson in history :345:, we had the great kitty war a couple of years back on this sacred ground - it ended up in a draw (or so my sworn adversary would like to believe :801:)...

Raj is an excellent mentor - he has provided some exquisite photos here on TPF.
Welcome to the forum. We are all jealous because Raj is your mentor. ...
Yeah, make me blush guys! :blush: :lol: Have yet much to learn from the likes of you both.. :1247:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back