1st post

redls1bird

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First off, thanks for the great forum!! Second of all, let me introduce myself. My name is Mel and I'm definitely an amateur photographer, emphasis on the amateur. At least 3 or 4 times in my life I've decided to get involved in photography and been very excited by the prospect of it. This latest time however, was the first time I could actually purchase the equipment I needed to get established. I purchased a new Canon Rebel XT 8.0 megapixel. Ive been trying to get used to the camera and how to properly use it. I wanted to share a few of my first shots here. These were all shot with the programed modes or fully automatic. C&C is welcome.
online.jpg

online7.jpg

online6.jpg

online5.jpg

online4.jpg

online3.jpg

online2.jpg

online1.jpg

online8.jpg

These are my favorites of the 150+ I took in the first 20 mins of having my cf card. Obviously none are edited and have been reduced in size for posting.

Welcome to TPF! I hope you like it here. :mrgreen:

Those photos aren't bad for an amateur. Certainly better than my first photos here, don't worry. Haha.

I really like the lighting on number 6 (do you think you could number them when you post? It makes it easier to comment), and number 7 is nice except for that shadow.

Nice job for a first post! :)

-Emma

Heya Mel, welcome to ThePhotoForum, and congratulations on your new Canon EOS 400D! One step better than mine now! :D

You did really well within the first 20 minutes of having your camera!
Photo 6 sticks out in particular (and thanks for re-numbering them! :D) ... that one has some special lighting and some really good action, and you could make it even better if you cropped out most of the water (top) and a bit in from the right (to regain the usual print ratio, if you care, but also to move your two subjects a bit out of the centre of the photo).

Very soon you will find out how to work your camera manually and then photography will become even more fun! For once you gain control over what you are doing and will step away from letting the camera decide, the hobby will be even more "yours"! You'll enjoy it! I am sure.

Welcome to the Forum. You're off to a good start. Thanks for sharing & introducing yourself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back