1st selective color attempt (c&c)

Monochrome Fish

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all, I'm new to the whole selective color post-process effect and feedback is most welcome.

1) I toned down the brightness and bumped up the contrast a bit.
winter0018selectivecolo.jpg

2) only selective color, no brightness/contrast editing
winter0021selectivecolo.jpg

Thanks for looking!

the first one is really nice, great contrats, the second one is kinda boring and the focal is too small and not really up close in the foreground so....

try and work on focals, but the first one is amazing

I agree with /\. The first one is very nice.

The thing I find with selective coloring is that it either needs to have a lot of contrast, or a lot of area to notice the colors. A small area with a little saturation does not really attract the eye in the same way a higher saturation does.

Yeah the second one is kinda boring but i just wanted to play around with the blue sky background :)

The first one is the one i took time and effort in hopes of getting it right as its going to be a gift for my mother.

Thanks for the comments!

1. Is very nice. Though I think that if the berry's red is so popping , then it will be bright in color too.
2. Everything said.
Cheers.

Not usually a selective colour fan but that first one works. Personally I would clone out the bits where you can see the berries through the holes in the leaves as it kinda looks a bit funny. Also you appear to have missed a spot off the bottom of the top right berry.

Most reactions

Back