2 C&C / First post / one question

Live_free

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well first here is the images I'd like to be C&C'd.

1st.

DSC_0088.jpg

2nd.

DSC_0034.jpg

Oh, and I'm happy to be apart of this forum. I just got a Nikon D5000 and have the kit lens, which is the 18-55mm . Also I got a 55-200mm lens. This is my first dlsr. So far I love it. I have taken around 300 pictures, I went to seattle today and will be posting pictures from that outing later.

My one question is, what is better to shoot in JPEG or RAW? Or what variation. Thanks guy :mrgreen:

I shoot RAW only and covert to jpg if I print them or post on the forum(s).

Too bad you cut off your dogs legs! ;)

retarded question but yes still a noob how do you convert to jpg once you upload pics to your comp. im currently shooting in raw also

retarded question but yes still a noob how do you convert to jpg once you upload pics to your comp. im currently shooting in raw also

I have post processing software, aperture and photoshop work well.

Haha, I have a pic of it zoomed farther out, but it's really crooked and I'm too lazy to edit it lol But I might some time... lol

Also why is it better to shoot in raw?

Google may have some more in depth info as to why raw is usually preferred over jpg.
Ive spoken to a few photojournalists who cover sports and many shoot jpg instead of raw. they both have their benefits, so it depends what you are shooting

Google may have some more in depth info as to why raw is usually preferred over jpg.
Ive spoken to a few photojournalists who cover sports and many shoot jpg instead of raw. they both have their benefits, so it depends what you are shooting

Not to be harsh by any means. I like the first shot and the last shot to me looks like a snapshot.

Michael

I will try to explain what I meant in the early post. I like the solid black background in the first post. I like how the eyes of the snake are sharp. I like the use of an offside rule of thirds for the comp. in the first shot.

The last shot looks like any other shot of a dog to me.

Sorry, I am not trying to be harsh just giving my opinion.

Michael

dont like the first pic
the composition is not too pleasing, it looks out of focus and you used the popup flash which gave some ugly shadows

second pic is a bit better, but again centered composition is not nice, too much dead space on top of the dogs head, busy background, paws cut off

I just got the Nikon D5000 as well. Love everything about it so far. I only have the kit lens(18-55mm) but the quality is amazing. I shoot in both RAW and JPEG Fine but thats because Im using a big card. I do this so I can either edit the RAW or just use the RAW as backup instead of converting it over to JPEG.

The first pic seems out of focus and too dark. The second pic is nice but the legs are gone :( Other than the legs..the clarity is there. Nice dog and ball python you have there. ;)

HAHA, I take no offense, mainly cause they were just snapshots. I didn't really try to get anything perfect I was just trying stuff out. I know better now and have been trying more I am uploading my new pics to my computer and editing them now. I will upload them later. Oh and yes, I did yes pop up flash, which I learned since then not to xD

HAHA, I take no offense, mainly cause they were just snapshots. I didn't really try to get anything perfect I was just trying stuff out. I know better now and have been trying more I am uploading my new pics to my computer and editing them now. I will upload them later. Oh and yes, I did yes pop up flash, which I learned since then not to xD

Id highly suggest that unless you are trying to get something perfect and not just taking snapshots, that you dont ask for CC on images.

If you know there are issues, then try and fix those issues in processing or with a reshoot before asking people to CC your snapshots. :meh:

Id highly suggest that unless you are trying to get something perfect and not just taking snapshots, that you dont ask for CC on images.

If you know there are issues, then try and fix those issues in processing or with a reshoot before asking people to CC your snapshots. :meh:

Well the reason I asked is because I was hoping people would give me things I could do better so next time I shoot I can make those adjustments, just starting I thought that would be helpful. I won't do it again till I'm trying to get something perfect. Also not to be mean, be to need to be so "stiff" chill man. ;)

Most reactions

Back