2 Effects and Original

immski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Which of the following do you prefer? I am torn.

B&W:
50518434-L-1.jpg

Sepia:
50516920-L-1.jpg

Original:
50519769-L.jpg

Thanks for your input as usual and enjoy!:mrgreen:

Of those three I prefer the original.

May I suggest bumping up the contrast on the black and white version?
Also, I think a more subdued sepia tone might work a bit better with that image.

I like the subject and composition very much though. There are some lovely colorus in the bark of the original.

Would you mind if I try my hand in PS with this image?

prefer the orignal but i think the b/w would look nice with loads of contrast and if you can get it to look right a red (i think) filter before you convert it to b/w

It is interesting to see how I had the very same thoughts as the other two before me: the black and white conversion clearly lacks in contrast, therefore much is the same grey (or a similar grey) and the photo looks flat.

The sepia covers all this well, but the inbuilt sepia in cameras, or a sepia filter in post processing software often gives photos too strong a tint.

So I, too, prefer the original here (and would like the sepia or toned b+w if the effect were weaker) because the bark is interesting.

Personally, I find this kind of photo is hard to take so the composition makes it something you would want to look at twice, and I have tried ... and can't say I am happy with any of my attempts.

But you can be happy. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back