2 month Learner C&C please =)

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Gdav36, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Gdav36

Gdav36 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    New to the world of photography for about 2 months now, Looking for C & C. All photos are basically unedited with the exception of the settings on my camera, and the basic stuff on photo bucket, as i don't have any other editing software :confused: . My photos are free to edit, and if anyone would like to see what they can do with them, I would be interested to see =).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gdav36

Gdav36 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Also, How do i go about adding a watermark, or do i need photoshop or something?

3. dak1b

dak1b TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    #4 has a lot of potential only if something was in focus..bubble or boy or both.

4. BuS_RiDeR

BuS_RiDeR No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    There are too many to CC... Try to keep it to less than 5 and you'll get better results. :)

So I chose only two...

#2 is nice. But I think it might look better with a re-crop... Maybe something like...

[​IMG]

And

#7 is very good... But faded and a bit over exposed IMO. I did a quick conversion to Black and White to show another point of view... Maybe I bumped the contrast too much... But you can get the idea...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2010
  5. Carson38

Carson38 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

You can go download Gimp. It's just as good as photoshop in my opinion but it's free. And I actually went to youtube and watched some videos on how to use gimp. But it's actually pretty easy once you know what your doing! Hope it helps!

6. Carson38

Carson38 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Here is just a tighter crop..not much.

[​IMG]

7. BuS_RiDeR

BuS_RiDeR No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    For the OP.... Did you clip his feet on purpose? There is a lot of space over his hear... I think if his full body were shown it would have made a better photo... Not that it is bad to begin with. :) Just something to think on...

8. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Apart from the fact that posting 15 photos is way too many for any meaningful critique of each, AND even posting portraits and flowers and landscapes all in one, I must say that I personally find this portrait really good. To my mind, it absolutely stands out from the rest with regards to mood, light, composition, frame filled (part of composition), lighting (fill flash?) and tones. Well, with some post processing software, you could still work on those a bit, but all in all this is my clear favourite.

9. Gdav36

Gdav36 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This was actually a random picture, I think i took somewhere in the vicinity of 460 shots this day of our kids playing. I was playing double duty as playing bubble blower, kite flier extraordinaire, and taking what shots i could in between... I do agree on the unfortunate clipping of his feet thou.. I'm just now trying to play with different post processing programs.. seems as if I am either under or over exposed in nearly all my shots. I look at the pictogram and I take the same picture over and over again, and still.. blah.. but i guess that's why they say.. shoot... look.. learn.. shoot.. look.. learn.. unfortunately.. for some of us.. the learning curve is a little steep :lmao: