2 month Learner C&C please =)

Gdav36

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New to the world of photography for about 2 months now, Looking for C & C. All photos are basically unedited with the exception of the settings on my camera, and the basic stuff on photo bucket, as i don't have any other editing software :confused: . My photos are free to edit, and if anyone would like to see what they can do with them, I would be interested to see =).

DSC_1384.jpg

DSC_04082.jpg

DSC_0480-1.jpg

DSC_0388.jpg

DSC_0851.jpg

DSC_1257.jpg

DSC_1538.jpg

DSC_1954.jpg

DSC_1956.jpg

DSC_1958.jpg

DSC_1960.jpg

DSC_1962.jpg

DSC_1963.jpg

DSC_2010.jpg

DSC_2023.jpg

Also, How do i go about adding a watermark, or do i need photoshop or something?

#4 has a lot of potential only if something was in focus..bubble or boy or both.

There are too many to CC... Try to keep it to less than 5 and you'll get better results. :)

So I chose only two...

#2 is nice. But I think it might look better with a re-crop... Maybe something like...

DSC_04082.jpg

And

#7 is very good... But faded and a bit over exposed IMO. I did a quick conversion to Black and White to show another point of view... Maybe I bumped the contrast too much... But you can get the idea...

DSC_1538.jpg

Last edited:
Also, How do i go about adding a watermark, or do i need photoshop or something?

You can go download Gimp. It's just as good as photoshop in my opinion but it's free. And I actually went to youtube and watched some videos on how to use gimp. But it's actually pretty easy once you know what your doing! Hope it helps!

Here is just a tighter crop..not much.

bubbleboy.jpg

Here is just a tighter crop..not much.

bubbleboy.jpg

For the OP.... Did you clip his feet on purpose? There is a lot of space over his hear... I think if his full body were shown it would have made a better photo... Not that it is bad to begin with. :) Just something to think on...

Apart from the fact that posting 15 photos is way too many for any meaningful critique of each, AND even posting portraits and flowers and landscapes all in one, I must say that I personally find this portrait really good. To my mind, it absolutely stands out from the rest with regards to mood, light, composition, frame filled (part of composition), lighting (fill flash?) and tones. Well, with some post processing software, you could still work on those a bit, but all in all this is my clear favourite.

For the OP.... Did you clip his feet on purpose? There is a lot of space over his hear... I think if his full body were shown it would have made a better photo... Not that it is bad to begin with. :) Just something to think on...

This was actually a random picture, I think i took somewhere in the vicinity of 460 shots this day of our kids playing. I was playing double duty as playing bubble blower, kite flier extraordinaire, and taking what shots i could in between... I do agree on the unfortunate clipping of his feet thou.. I'm just now trying to play with different post processing programs.. seems as if I am either under or over exposed in nearly all my shots. I look at the pictogram and I take the same picture over and over again, and still.. blah.. but i guess that's why they say.. shoot... look.. learn.. shoot.. look.. learn.. unfortunately.. for some of us.. the learning curve is a little steep :lmao:

Most reactions

Back