2 shots

UUilliam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I haven't really been out, got a few shots at home that I might add later but for the mean time, I will post these 2 that I have with me.

I haven't visited much as laptop is getting repaired meaning I can only visit when at college but the college was blocking the site for some reason but fixed now... hopefully.

anyway, without futher ado.

4595600748_cb3847d773_o.jpg
I took this shot of a horse we found in the forrest when my college class went for a walk around the forrest, I converted to lomo to give a western feel to it.

4594985263_5bbfff01cb_o.jpg

this is a little japanese garden that was in the middle of the forrest (in scotland.) I was quite surprised, It was actually only a snapshot, but I really liked it, and it is correctly exposed which is an accomplishment for me as I usually under expose.

no PP in that photo except for a little shapening to counter the AA filter.

#1, first of all the stray*sticks* are distracting, and the "Conversion to lomo to give a western feel to it"..I feel is taken away because of the *newer buildings in the background. I also think that the watermark (IMO) is *way* over done ....its all over the place. But, to each their own.I think its cute that hes got his little leg at an angle, sets of his pose perfectly... picture def. has potential.

#2, I just dont know what it is about it... maybe composition... just something doesnt make it*pop* for me.. so it seems dull. But the colors are nice, bright..and i like that about it.

not meaning to nit-pick.. just giving my honest Opinion..And im still a noob so take it with a grain of salt if youd like.. I dont know if you wanted C/C or not but there ya go.

C&C is always appreciated
And don't worry about nit-picking it is what helps us grow and just because you are new doesnt make your opinion invalid
If someone takes offence to someones views, it is them who will hold themselves back from growing to become better at what they are doing

Personally, I thank you for your honesty

Hi,

Comments for the first photo as already given.

On the second photo, there appears to be a distinctive slant to the right which is immediately taking away from the image. On the image itself, it is as you say very much a snapshot and as such just doesn't do anything for me. There are a lot of subjects but no key and this is leaving the image very cluttered with no focus point. Additionally the empty foreground in the right and exit point of the river make for a poor composition with the horizon running right across the centre of the frame. Perhaps a position to the right and pointing the camera higher would have worked better, although I can't see the surrounding so I can't be sure. I'd agree that the exposure seems to be spot on.

Steve

Most reactions

New Topics

Back