DeadEye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deadeyestudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I got the Pocket Wizards today and started playing. Wanted to set off the flash just before the one second shutter time closed but the darn flash pops as soon as you press the button. on the first curtain even though I set custom function to 2nd ? Rebel XTI on Manual. Any idea what Im doing wrong?

are you setting 2nd curtain on the flashes or the camera body?

welll... i know on MY camera, when i turn on second curtain, it seems to wanna flash twice. it flashes once before the shutter opens, then once right before it closes... no idea why, but it works...

With my XT, I get the pre-flash in 2nd curtain sync mode too. I forget exactly why it does that, but it has no effect on the final image because it fires before the shutter opens.

As long as you have the 2nd flash firing, you'll get the effect you want.

I was setting it on the camera only, I will try setting it on the flash and see if I can gett it working.

With my XT, I get the pre-flash in 2nd curtain sync mode too. I forget exactly why it does that, but it has no effect on the final image because it fires before the shutter opens.

As long as you have the 2nd flash firing, you'll get the effect you want.

Sure you are not confusing that first flash as the eTTL meteringning the scene before it flashes, in your case?

Ok the 2nd Curtain works from the built in flash and yes it will preflash. Attach the 430 ex and set it to 2nd curtain also and it will pop on the 2nd curtain ( No preflash) but if you try to use the pocket wizards it will only pop on 1st curtain

Most reactions

Back