aperture:f/5.6
shutter speed:1/60
iso160

4)
3770269023_ed66d888d9_o.jpg

aperture:f/8
shutter speed:1/125
iso100

all of these pictures were taken on a canon T1i with the 18-55mm kit lens. all of these were shot in the auto mode specifically on landscape or close-up mode, i cant remember. anyways let me know how i could have shot these better

#4 without a doubt... Love the backlit wings .... great shot !!

r

I agree with Rick. #4 is excellent (maybe crop a bit off the left side). A little fill-light on #3 would really have helped that one.

BTW ... try to avoid posting the same series in 2 places. Pick one spot (I think the nature gallery is the appropriate spot for this one).

try not to center the objects..you will get a better turnout

#1 try not to center image

#2 i like the flower's colors

#3 again try not to center object

#4 is cool..little out of focus

1 - the exposure and focus look good to me, but the composition is lacking. Try cropping some of the space off the let side and it might help, or you cold crop in from both sides so the flower fills the entire frame.

2. not very interesting -too busy. It seems to be shot on a slight angle and from above the flowers and the gray pole or whatever in the background is distracting.

3. While shot at a pleasing angle the lily is out of focus. The lighting seems a bit flat as well. This would also benefit from some cropping on the left side and cloning out the buds and\or the dead flower on the right.

4. nice shot, but you might want to crop a bit of the dead space off the left side.

1. Cropping, as others have said, would help. Dead center is generally not aesthetically pleasing.

2. There's no subject here, in my mind. I'm looking for something in the foreground.

3. Stop down a little. It'll help with sharpness even if you have to up the ISO a little.

4. Nice shot. I like the bokah, but it still needs to be cropped, probably off the left side.

If I may, I posted this in a thread a few down from yours, but here's my take on a lily:

3770069281_25b2229279.jpg

I like #3, what type lens are you shooting with?

Try not to put everything in the center. The trash can is distracting. The last two are your best

Most reactions

Back