5D Mk.II - My first photos

Warhawk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone

About 3 weeks ago, i upgraded from my Canon EOS 40D to a Canon EOS 5D Mk.II

Las tweek there was a show in my town and i decided to test out the ISO performance of the camera, I managed to take some of the following photos at ISO 6400 and f4:

Any comments are welcome :)

Thanks

(more photos from the event can be found on my blog LC Event Photography for those of you who are interested)

Last edited:
I'm getting the same thing, pictures cannot be viewed.

Very hard to tell the image quality with such a small image

i think that these pictures are really nice. i know from experience that it can be very difficult to get good pictures at concerts because the lights often turn the performers into silhouettes. these are very sharp and with the exception of the tenth one, very well composed. the problem with the tenth is that the bass head covering the other performer's face detracts from the subject.

Yeah they look excellent. The High ISO performace looks top notch. Id be very interested to hear your thoughts on how you think the 40D might have done in these similar circumstances at ISO 3200 f/2.8. Im thinking of upgrading to 40/50D and would like to know how you feel it would perform in these conditions.

Thanks
T

Thanks for the comments everyone :)

I put smaller images on, because I sell the photos :)

For the upgrading to the 40D / 50D...

I cant speak for the 50D, since i never owned one, but the ISO3600 photos of the 40D are terrible! The noise is so bad that one doesn't even want to keep the photos and from what i heard, the 50D is just as bad!

I took alot of photos with the 40D at ISO1600 of stage performances, there is alot of noise on the photos, but they are still usable, especially when there is alot of light on the band performing.

In the conditions i took the above photos, the 40D would never have been able to take good photos and I would have needed a flash and that would have washed out the lights in the back.

Personally, if I were you Tighearnach, i would rather take the 7D or even a 5D Mk.II. Both gives better noise performance and have better focus than the 40D.

One thing that i must say about the 5D Mk.II in comparison to the 40D is that the 5D has a bit slower focus than the 40D, BUT the focus is more spot on, even on moving subjects!

are these un processed? if so .... ISO 6400 I'm jealous mine look like @#^& at ISO 1600

are these un processed? if so .... ISO 6400 I'm jealous mine look like @#^& at ISO 1600

The only processing they undergone was the camera's noise reduction software, other than that, no photoshopping or anything like that :)

Thanks BigCat :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back