A couple from Algonquin.

That last one is really good.
My wife and I always go up to to the top of Mizzy Lake trail and we generally see stuff along the road ... not foxes ... but we have encountered wolves.

I have absolutely NO luck on Mizzy. I've hiked it one and a half times (long story) and go to the rail bed area all the time. Have never seen anything along that trail.

There's a secret to getting the foxes to come out. Next you head up, let me know.

I've seen a wolf once. Didn't get a picture.
That last picture of the papa fox is getting printed big. I already have two of him on my wall. I love that little guy.

Nice shots i really like that fox shot have yet to see one yet plan to try and find one this summer

it seems you get quite close to those fox are they friendly with people

Very nice! We were going to try and visit there this spring but couldn't coordinate everyones time off schedule. Maybe next year!
Tourists and wildlife are the same everywhere. Want to know where a critter is? Look for the traffic jam!

Nice shot of the male fox, simplybarb.

The local camping outfitters at Algonquin just posted this PSA and related article on facebook that reminded me of this thread, so I thought I would add it here as a heads-up to Algonquin visitors to watch out for foxes on the road:

From Algonquin Outfitters:
Have you noticed it too this summer? While driving across Algonquin Park earlier this year I noticed a curious thing. I spotted a fox sitting on the white line on the edge of Highway 60 in Algonquin Park, as I slowed and passed he just looked at me with curiosity. I even gave him a little toot of my horn as I passed and he just sat there.

A little further on I noticed a "Moose Jam" (a bunch of people stopped on the side of the highway looking at wildlife) but this time it wasn't a moose it was a pair of foxes.

Near the end of my drive across Algonquin Park another fox crossed the road in front of me and I had to slow to allow him time to cross.

In all the year's I've traveled highway #60 in Algonquin Park I don't think I've ever seen 4 foxes so unconcerned about being near the highway.

The article by
Ontario Parks at the link below may shed some light on this concerning behavior. ~ Randy
Don’t feed the foxes – Parks Blog

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back