A Couple from Mammoth Hot Springs (Yellowstone)

travelerb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just returned from a wonderful trip to Yellowstone, but have too many pictures and not enough time to go through them.

That being said, I have been able to go through a few, and would appreciate any C&C. Mind you, these are straight from the camera; no post-processing at all:

1:

2:

Thanks!

(Oh, and if anyone cares, the EXIF data is available by clicking the pictures to their Flickr pages)

Nice shots. I really the second one. I have to visit the Yellowstone park some day. What is that white stuff? Looks like snow.

1. Very nice I think it would be better with a wide angle lens.
2. doesn't do much for me...

Thanks everyone. I like #1 myself. The second is a portion of a spring in the area, which really couldn't be captured on one frame. I think I'm partial to it because I know what's around it, and know what it looks like in person. The colors aren't there in the picture. In person, the springs actually make brown look pleasing.

Its actually a little difficult of a place to shoot. We happened to be there around high noon, and it wasn't as overcast as I would have liked, so the texture of the white travertine doesn't show as much as I would have liked if I could have been there in a little better lighting. Passing clouds managed to help as a diffuser though.

Now that I think back, I do remember it being kind of funny when I took the second photo. It was from the end of a little boardwalk at an area called Palette Springs. Its amazing to see, and there are generally about 20-30 people at that end enjoying it. When I get there, I'm standing with cameras around my neck, complaining to my wife about the sun which, at that point, was straight overhead, no cloud around, just harsh, harsh light. Everyone's snapping pictures, and I'm just enjoying the view. Finally, after waiting 5-10 minutes, a cloud starts to pass my and cover the sun. Almost in unison, about 10 people taking pictures at that moment all stop and let out a collective "awwww," while at the same time I'm excited and start taking all I can. I'm the only one out there taking any while the cloud is in front of the sun. The cloud eventually blows by, and again in unison, the opposite happens. I stop snapping and start to walk off, and ten other people pick up there cameras and start taking pictures. My wife was even laughing at the comments from folks there about wishing the sun would come back out so they could take pictures.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back