Wither Hills - Blenheim, New Zealand

386489782_7db47cff3a.jpg

St Michaels Mount, Penzance, Cornwall, UK

386469547_3e72198472.jpg

(View from) Makara Peak Mountain Bike Park, Wellington, New Zealand

386458957_85fba57cf5.jpg

Bunker, Makara Beach, Wellington, New Zeakand

386436550_74c678dc8e.jpg

Would love some feedback on these shots please. :)

I don't like when nature is done in black and white... I think the color versions would look a lot better.

i like them, but these don't belong in the general forum, try posting in the B&w gallery next time

I don't like when nature is done in black and white... I think the color versions would look a lot better.
I assume you're no fan of Ansel Adams then.

Good work. I can't trust my monitor, it's hooked up to a broken video card so my contrasts and saturations are OFF the charts for another few days. It seems some images are too dark, but ultimately the question is ALWAYS "how much detail is visible in a print." As a .jpg there's no way to retain good detail.

Compositionally they're excellent.

Nice work!

That last one looks like its sideways......the way the roofs come out.

I usually do shoot colouyr, but personally I thought these shots worked without and that B+W would help their stronger elements bringing out the texture in number 1. Number 2 didn't have much colour to start with. Number 3 I thought was too distracting with colour. Number 4 I thought the composition would work better in B+W and the shot didn't need colour.

I have seen many great black and white nature shots before, yes nature does often lend itself to colour shots though.

i like them, but these don't belong in the general forum, try posting in the B&w gallery next time

Thanks, and yeah I realised that after I posted sorry.

Good work. I can't trust my monitor, it's hooked up to a broken video card so my contrasts and saturations are OFF the charts for another few days. It seems some images are too dark, but ultimately the question is ALWAYS "how much detail is visible in a print." As a .jpg there's no way to retain good detail.

Compositionally they're excellent.

Thanks, I would like to print out as my monitor isn't accurate either, so it is quite possible they are on the dark side. Cheers for the crit and I'm glad you like the composition. :D

Nice work!

That last one looks like its sideways......the way the roofs come out.

It does a little... I had to capture that roof, it's quite unique in that it has no kind of supports.

(View from) Makara Peak Mountain Bike Park, Wellington, New Zealand

I really like that photo. The B&W effect makes it very authentic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back