A couple PS6 Qs

Buckster said:
If you were correct, NOBODY would offer comprehensive curriculum-based Photoshop classes at colleges or online, because EVERYBODY would learn it for FREE, as you say. But they don't. Because you're incorrect.

So then, you can believe it or not, concur or not, but you're simply wrong on this.

If you'd taken actual comprehensive curriculum-based Photoshop courses, either online or at a college, you'd understand this. Your opinion without that actual experience is from a position of ignorance (and I don't mean that in a derogatory way - only that you just don't know any better, which is the definition of ignorance - I'm ignorant on lots of things, like how to break dance). Without that actual experience with a set of actual comprehensive curriculum-based Photoshop courses, it's impossible for you to make a valid comparison between them and the "free" million-link Google-search/Youtube shotgun training you advocate.

I've done both, so I have the actual experience to make such comparisons, which is exactly how I KNOW that it's WELL WORTH the $25.

Not to worry...I am not offended in any way, shape, or form. I hope you aren't either. I have been trying to worn things so you wouldn't be.

The simple truth is that I am 100% correct. People don't take those courses because they are better. People take those courses for two reasons: laziness and Lack of time. Not a bad laziness mind you, but they don't want to take the time and find the info on their own. Also, they just don't believe they have the time to run down this information (when in reality they do, they just lack focus an determination to do it on their own).
And you know this, how? Have you taken those courses and found them to be scams? Have you taken those courses and found that they do not impart a level of comprehensive learning at a pace that far exceeds the time and effort it takes to sift through millions of links to find and ferret out the information you're looking for? Have you ANY ACTUAL experience with those courses at all because you DID pay for them and you DID take them?

No? Then you're just talking out your whazzooo, based on an uninformed opinion, and nothing else.

To the OP: don't be scammed by the majority of college/online courses that ask for your money. You can find the information for free. As a matter of fact stay away from the "art institutes", majority of photography workshops, and distance learning courses as well. They are all scams seeing that you can find all that info for free as well.
To the OP, this is bad advice, in my opinion. If you want to learn something fast and in a way that makes sense, go with a curriculum-based experience, even if it costs a whopping $25 bucks. Think about how much you've spent on your photography equipment already, how much you've spent on Photoshop, both in terms of time and money. Don't scrimp on this critical step.

Buckster said:
Haha... No, you say it's free. Prove it.

It is free if YOU find it. Much like lynda, I charge to find it and present it for you. (I never said I wasn't hypocritical...I have kids to feed)

Buckster said:
And you know this, how? Have you taken those courses and found them to be scams? Have you taken those courses and found that they do not impart a level of comprehensive learning at a pace that far exceeds the time and effort it takes to sift through millions of links to find and ferret out the information you're looking for? Have you ANY ACTUAL experience with those courses at all because you DID pay for them and you DID take them?

No? Then you're just talking out your whazzooo, based on an uninformed opinion, and nothing else.

To the OP, this is bad advice, in my opinion. If you want to learn something fast and in a way that makes sense, go with a curriculum-based experience, even if it costs a whopping $25 bucks. Think about how much you've spent on your photography equipment already, how much you've spent on Photoshop, both in terms of time and money. Don't scrimp on this critical step.

Yes I have taken those types of courses. There was nothing in there that couldn't be found for free.

To the OP: Buckster isn't giving you bad advice, but it isn't good advice. Those courses are convenient and well laid out, but you can find the info for free. Scrimp away I say. That's $25 more in your pocket

Buckster said:
Haha... No, you say it's free. Prove it.

It is free if YOU find it. Much like lynda, I charge to find it and present it for you. (I never said I wasn't hypocritical...I have kids to feed)
Case in point, OP. If it was as easy as some make it out to be, this person would just throw you a link and help out. I would.

But no. That's not gonna happen because it's not that easy at all, and this person doesn't have anything of the sort to throw out to you.

Instead, you'll pay in a LOT of time and effort to try to ferret out all the information you could get directly for less than the cost of a decent book. You'll chase untold numbers of useless links, watch untold numbers of useless videos that don't teach you what you're actually looking for, and on and on and on. But then, after months of this already, you probably know that from experience at this point.

You've spent months already, and many months more to come if you follow that "free" path to enlightenment, which will never actually come. Sure, you'll learn a bunch of stuff eventually, but it's going to be a shotgun spatter of information, not a well-founded knowledge base. Years from now, you'll probably still be asking fundamental questions and asking for help.

So, I guess it's a question of what you want to to with your time and energy. You can chase around on the internet for the next couple of years running down "free" information, or you can take an inexpensive set of courses, learn it over the next couple of weeks, and then put it use.

Buckster said:
Case in point, OP. If it was as easy as some make it out to be, this person would just throw you a link and help out. I would.

But no. That's not gonna happen because it's not that easy at all, and this person doesn't have anything of the sort to throw out to you...

Ooo....Watch out for Buckster, Master of Psychology!

OP...the info is there. Don't be afraid to go out and find it. It doesn't take as long as you might think.

Buckster said:

But no. That's not gonna happen because it's not that easy at all, and this person doesn't have anything of the sort to throw out to you...

Ooo....Watch out for Buckster, Master of Psychology!

OP...the info is there. Don't be afraid to go out and find it. It doesn't take as long as you might think.
They've already been at it for months, so they know that's not true.

Buckster said:
They've already been at it for months, so they know that's not true.

They haven't said how they have been teaching themselves, so right now it still is true. Perhaps they have just been using the help function.

Most reactions

Back