A couple Yosemite C&C's

Frozen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are a couple shots from my trip to Yosemite this summer. These were some of my first ever shots in RAW and I am still learning how to correct for color and whatnot.

IMG_0388.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

I think 1, 2, & 4 are awesome, 3 ehh...
Were all of those taken with your 450D w/ -Canon 18-50mm IS f4-5.6 -Canon 55-250mm IS f4-5.6 ??
I am also curious about your ap, shutter, & ISO on all them.

1- at first i was just looking at the waterfall and i told myself how its pretty simple. then i saw the rainbow, and i thought to myself that its a nice shot. without the rainbow, it was nothing but a simple shot. after i saw the little pool or whatever that is, i said nice composition.

my only beef is the tree. would flash helped here? lol

I think 1, 2, & 4 are awesome, 3 ehh...
Were all of those taken with your 450D w/ -Canon 18-50mm IS f4-5.6 -Canon 55-250mm IS f4-5.6 ??
I am also curious about your ap, shutter, & ISO on all them.

Yep, they were all shot with my 450D, they were mostly with the 18-50 if I remember right. As for the info they were all ISO 100 1. 1/80, F10, ISO 100. 2. 1/10, f18 3. 1/100, f14 4. 1/25 f4.5.

Also if you use FireFox check out this extension it lets view EXIF data by right clicking and hitting properties.

Cool thanks for posting your exposure techniques! Sadly Safari does not have EXIF atm...

My favorite is #1. #2 is nice too but I would have prefer to see the bottom of the fall as you captured it on #1.

I was also at Yosemite but more around August. However, I did get some nice shots of Vernal Falls. #1 is your best shot IMO. You can really blast that rainbow out of the photo if you boost up your saturation.

#2 is a little bland in terms of color. I like the way #3 shows the sun peaking through the trees. #4 could really benefit from some color saturation too. I think you could really bring out the green in the moss.

For your falls and other flowing water photos, you can try taking a longer exposure shot. Just lower your iso or tighten up your aperture so that you can expose the shot longer. This will help create that milky water effect and it looks rather pleasing.

Getting down from Vernal Falls was a bit scary, wasn't it? Those steps are so slippery from the sand and very steep!

I was also at Yosemite but more around August. However, I did get some nice shots of Vernal Falls. #1 is your best shot IMO. You can really blast that rainbow out of the photo if you boost up your saturation.

#2 is a little bland in terms of color. I like the way #3 shows the sun peaking through the trees. #4 could really benefit from some color saturation too. I think you could really bring out the green in the moss.

For your falls and other flowing water photos, you can try taking a longer exposure shot. Just lower your iso or tighten up your aperture so that you can expose the shot longer. This will help create that milky water effect and it looks rather pleasing.

Getting down from Vernal Falls was a bit scary, wasn't it? Those steps are so slippery from the sand and very steep!

August was when I was up there too, but the Mist Trail was pretty much dry. But the sand and HUGE steps made it tricky at points.

Yeah for number 1 & 2 I probably would have experimented with different settings but it was getting hot and we were trying to get down before the mid day heat got too bad.

Yeah, it was hella hot bro but if I can remember, most of the trail was in the shade. I did, however, pack a few ND filters which helped with shutter drag shots. The sun was killer. My biggest problem was trying to find 20 seconds when people weren't in my way. I loved getting shots of the Madera River near the Vernal Falls trail head. I was so sad to see Mirror Lake nothing but a sandy pit =(

Most reactions

Back