A Coventry sunset pic.

fzfile

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
This is one of my better pics from the Coventry Festival (i.e. last Phish show) this past August in Vermont.

Taken with my (then) new Rebel K2 and a Sigma 28-80 zoom.
Cant find the notebook the notebook I wrote the exposure down but it was in AV mode and handheld.
I belive the film was Kodak gold 100.

Cleaned with NeatImage and a little saturation level boost in Pixia.
Also cropped a little off the top because thats all I had on the bottom and it didn't seem very balanced.
I did a version cropped even lower but liked the transition into the blue "daylight" sky, which was lost with the lower crop.

Wheel_at_sunset_crop.jpg

-mike

Thanks.

Yeah ............. mud mud mud ........ it rained like 3" in 2 days Thuursday and Friday (I got there Wed.) and it made for some logistical problems.

The pic is from Saturday btween the 2nd and 3rd set.

The ferris wheel became my main "subject" to shoot over the course of the festival.

The festival was great and there were some great musical moments but overall the music was not very good ......... full of flubs and what not.

Still one of the best festivals I've been to though.

I have the Alpine shows and theyt were outstanding.

Theres more pics of Coventry at the photobucket link in my profile.

-mike

Very nicely done, great exposure and sharpness.

it is amazing! great composition and very nice topic!!!!

Wow man. I wonder if I'll ever be able to shoot sunsets like this one. (It was a sunset, wasn't it?)

Some sun rays seem like coming from the wheel, it is a very nice effect.

You know it's funny you mention that hlasso ...... about the sunrays..... because I saw the sun "streaks" in the sky and then ran around to try and line them up with the wheel.

I would really like to accentuate that with some photoshopping but I am a complete newbie with photoshop .......... Pixia is much less complicated and detailed but I know I could be get subtle accenting like that.

This is one pic that I think I will end up with many different prints over many years as I learn more and more.

Thanks for all the kind comments.

-mike

........... p.s. ..........

it was sunset Saturday between the 2nd and 3rd sets.

After 3 days and almost 4" of rain it was great to finally have a day of spectacular sun and one fantastic sunset ........... AND a ferris wheel :).

-mike

Coventry... beautiful place that I heard from my friend

Most reactions

Back