A day at the arborteum

number 1 is my personal favorite.

But, there seems to be some sort of artifacts developing in your pictures. Most of them display some sort of artifact, but especially the one you forgot to include. There is a spot in the bottom right that is very clearly boxy, like it is pixelated.

What are you using for post processing? resizing? Are you having photobucket resize your full size images?

PP is photoshop, no resizing. I just upload them to photobucket it does the compression. Bad idea? Im lazy so I dont do each one myself lol.

They are very nice images for sure. Great colour and composition, although I'm (personally) not to keen on some of the borders :D

About the resizing and being lazy.
Photoshop has a thing called "actions" where you can record a set of processes and then reuse them at a click of a button in a "Batch" process.

Open a full size image into photoshop.
Open the actions window (Windows>Actions)
At the bottom there is a little folder icon. Click it and name it.
You should now be ready to record your action.
Click the little RED circle (the record button)
Go to Image>Image Size> now change the size of the image. Make sure you so it in % not exact pixels else it won't work properly between landscape and vertical shots and also have the constrain proportions ticked and the bottom drop down menu, select "Bicubic Sharpener" (when resizing downwards)
Click ok.
Click the record button again on actions.
And there you have it!

To batch that process.
Open the images you wish to resize.
Then go to File>Automate>Batch
Select the resizing action from the drop down menu.
Select the images you wish to resize.
Click ok.
It will all resize for you.

:D
Hope that helps.

They are very nice images for sure. Great colour and composition, although I'm (personally) not to keen on some of the borders :D

About the resizing and being lazy.
Photoshop has a thing called "actions" where you can record a set of processes and then reuse them at a click of a button in a "Batch" process.

Open a full size image into photoshop.
Open the actions window (Windows>Actions)
At the bottom there is a little folder icon. Click it and name it.
You should now be ready to record your action.
Click the little RED circle (the record button)
Go to Image>Image Size> now change the size of the image. Make sure you so it in % not exact pixels else it won't work properly between landscape and vertical shots and also have the constrain proportions ticked and the bottom drop down menu, select "Bicubic Sharpener" (when resizing downwards)
Click ok.
Click the record button again on actions.
And there you have it!

To batch that process.
Open the images you wish to resize.
Then go to File>Automate>Batch
Select the resizing action from the drop down menu.
Select the images you wish to resize.
Click ok.
It will all resize for you.

:D
Hope that helps.

Thanks, Ill try that out.

ok that makes sense. Photobucket is known for crappy recompression of pictures creating all sorts of artifacts. Resize before the upload to get better looking pictures, not to mention a faster upload.

these are very interesting !!

I like the ones that look like paintings, they have a nice look to them...

Sort of goes with the subjects, soft and glowing !!

lowa, dude . . . nice camera? thats a terrible compliment.

thats like attributing what he's done to his equipment . . . when really its all about who's controlling the equipment

lowa, dude . . . nice camera? thats a terrible compliment.

thats like attributing what he's done to his equipment . . . when really its all about who's controlling the equipment

agreed. it's almost an insult in my book...Like the shots aren't creative enough to merit being accredited to the photographer...i hate it.

i actually thought Lowa's comment was a joke at first, i never expected to see something like that on here

I like all of the pictures the colors are great. But on pic #7 on the right side about 2 inches down from the top there's a silver half circle...what is that?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back