A day in the park

clax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone.. just wanted to share a few photos of my noobie work.I shot her at a park in the morning session.C&C are welcome and appreciated.
dsc0070copywi4.jpg

dsc0149bd5.jpg

dsc0151hd2.jpg

Thanks for viewing. :)

Not seeing any images.

There is 3 images i uploaded, maybe it due to server problem/ slow down time on the image hosting site.:wink:

Nice for being new at photography. Nice softness and exposures on these. In #1 the background is a bit too overexposed, which I know it's difficult to find a perfect exposure with light and dark. #3 is nice but I don't like how you cropped her. I would've showed a bit more of her body. Overall, not bad!! Keep on shooting!

Not bad at all. As already mentioned #1 is has the background a bit overexposed AND also the horizon is not very straight.

But I like the other 2 photos. They're very good! :)

I like number 1&3, but on 1 could you bring back the lower half of her body? It just disapeared
hmm.. the original photo only shows the part unitl her ankle only.All photos are in full,I didnt do any cropping.

I like the first one but the pose looks wrong.
Yeah, i feels something not right...:scratch:
Nice for being new at photography. Nice softness and exposures on these. In #1 the background is a bit too overexposed, which I know it's difficult to find a perfect exposure with light and dark. #3 is nice but I don't like how you cropped her. I would've showed a bit more of her body. Overall, not bad!! Keep on shooting!
hmm.. agreed with you..Actually i didnt crop the photo.. maybe i should shoot her from a lil further distance to get more of her body?

Not bad at all. As already mentioned #1 is has the background a bit overexposed AND also the horizon is not very straight.

But I like the other 2 photos. They're very good! :)
Noted ... I have 1 question.. how do I straighten my horizon?I am using Capture NX and CS3.Which would be the menu to use?Thanks all for the view and comment.:salute:

I'm not sure if CS3 is same as CS2 (that's what I'm using), but there is a tool in the toolbox, 3rd down on the left, looks like a sqaure with a line thru it (called "crop tool"), select that, than select the whole picture with it. You'll see a dotted square around the whole picture. If you move your mouse cursor outside of the dotted squre you'll see that the cursor will change into a curved double arrow. You just click again and adjust the square, which ever way you want to crop it, then right cilck and crop. Once that's done, you'll see some white areas in your picture, you'll just have to recrop again to get rid of them.

Sorry, I hope this somewhat helps. It's hard to explain lol

Here, try this, I googled it hehe (http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshop/qt/straighten.htm)

Crop Tool Method
  1. Select the crop tool from the toolbox (Shortcut C).
  2. Drag out a crop marquee. Don't worry about the overall size, but position one horizontal edge near the horizon line. Again, it does not have to be the horizon; it could be a fence line, a roofline, the edge of a shelf, or anything else you know should be perfectly horizontal.
  3. Move your cursor to just outside the marquee near a corner. You cursor icon will change to a double-pointing curved arrow indicating that you can rotate the marquee.
  4. Rotate and move the marquee so that one edge follows a horizon line.
  5. After you get that one edge aligned with the horizon, reposition all four edges to mark the exact crop area.
  6. If you have vertical lines in your image that don't line up with the vertical borders of the crop marquee, you can correct these by checking the box for 'perspective' on the options bar. (Photoshop only. Elements users see note below.)
  7. With the perspective option enabled, you can manipulate the corners of the crop boundary to correct perspective. Be sure to keep all four corners within the document boundaries. If Photoshop can not perform the crop with perspective correction, you will get an error.
  8. Once you're happy with the crop marquee, double click inside it to finalize the crop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back