A few from the Canadian Rockies

Steph

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Those pictures were taken a while ago (October 2007) in the Canadian Rockies (Banff and Jasper national parks) and it took me ages to put some on TPF for C&C.

Those were taken with a Pentax Spotmatic F on Fuji Reala (colour negative film) with a Pentax SMC 28mm f3.5 and a Pentax SMC 50mm f1.4. Negatives were scanned at time of processing (by www.peak-imaging.com). No post-processing other that cloning a few dust specks.

Those are representative of my landscape shots that I consider to be half decent: I like to have something striking in the foreground (boulder, plant, driftwood...) and quite a lot of depth, with the landscape in the background. That often means that I use a vertical composition for landscape shots!!

2589363469_b241decc70.jpg

2590198984_f806425168.jpg

2589363347_51c8ed80b1.jpg

2589363331_9964e6d23f.jpg

Any comments and/or criticisms welcome. Thanks.

:hail:Great captures! The exposures are perfect in my book. Some of those shots have huge dynamic ranges and you did a good job of not blowing out but not getting too dark either. #1 is my favorite.

:hail:Great captures! The exposures are perfect in my book. Some of those shots have huge dynamic ranges and you did a good job of not blowing out but not getting too dark either. #1 is my favorite.

Thank you. I guess that it is easier to manage a large dynamic range with negative films than with digital. Those were metered for a midtone in the foreground and a 2 stops ND grad filter was used on the sky.

Anyone else?

:thumbup::thumbup: Very beautiful Steph. Lovin your comps and exposures on these. Some very excellent shooting. :D

I like the look and the conditions. Love the look you gave those conditions! Very nice shots.

Those are great! I love #2, it's my favourite. I'm a big fan of vertical shots, they have a nice feel to them.

Very nice, I recognize all of those locations except the last one...where was that one, if you remember?

You missed the meet up we had out there, by only a couple months. Too bad, it would have been nice to have you along.

I also have several landscape shots that are in vertical orientation to include something in the foreground.

Great series of photos. #1 and #3 could easily be faves.

Thank you all for the kind comments

Very nice, I recognize all of those locations except the last one...where was that one, if you remember?

1-Patricia Lake (Jasper)
2&3-Moraine Lake (Banff)
4-Cascade Amphitheatre (Banff): this one required a long and quite difficult hike up the mountain but it was well worth it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back