A few medium format shots with a $5.00 camera

P Bailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These were taken with a Sunscope TLR, designed for 6x6 on 120 film. It was made in Hong Kong and features a Hakings Double Meniscus F/8 lens in a fixed mount. It has a simple "Instant" + "Time" shutter with 3 f/stops: 8,11,16. It does a good job for a cheap camera. The B+W film was Fuji Neopan Acros 100 and the color film was Konica 50.
The color photos were taken in Dexter, Maine. The B+W photos were taken in Garland, Maine.

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Wow! Certainly gives the Holga a run for the money. :lol: I love the vignetting here.

Great shots! That Konica sure does a great job. Beautiful saturation. Is the 50 discontinued now, or still available? Makes me sigh.

That last B&W image makes me sigh, too! Great image - that long shadow across the foreground is just wonderful, and I love those shadows on the house. Great exposure. :thumbup:

Thanks for posting these. Fun series!

I purchase the Konica 50 film from B+H Photo. It works very well in the old cameras.

Damn, and to think I spent thousands of dollars on highend stuff that gives me less than this. Love the waterfall shot in winter.

Jeff Canes said:
That about the Sunscope TLR, is this a classic camera or a new one?

Here is the Sunscope.

cam001.jpg

I think it was made around 1960. That's just a guess, as I don't have any reference books.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back