A few new lith prints

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've not had any quality time in the darkroom for months!! Spent a lot of this summer with my entire downstairs ripped up as we installed hardwood floors, and my darkroom was more of a storage facility. :lol:

But it's cleaned up now and I got a chance to try some more liths. Wasted a bunch of time trying to get good results on a Kentmere paper - which ultimately failed. :banghead: More experimenting is in order there, since it did work at the workshop I attended last year. Frustrating!

A few that worked:

An HIE negative from a surprise trip to South Beach earlier this year. This plant was on our hotel room's balcony. Fotospeed Lith paper.

SouthBeachbalcony-lith.jpg

This is one that I'll probably re-visit, in an effort to get more exposure in the highlights. I used Grade 2 Slavich paper, which gives very contrasty results in lith developer. I let the blacks in this one develop fully, and it ended up looking like I'd used lith film. Also from an HIE negative. A South Beach art deco building:

AlbionSouthBeach-lith.jpg

Another HIE negative using the Slavich paper. This one I pulled well before the blacks fully developed, for a more charcoal etching kind of feel. Reminds me of a bromoil, too!

A South Beach parking deck:

SouthBeachbuilding-lith.jpg

Thanks for looking!

very cool terri

ps. i am going through that floor issue right now, does it ever end? the dust the clutter?

Last edited:
Fabulous work, Terri.

Why, thank you, Max! :hug::

Ann: the floor issue and related dust/clutter/my-house-is-a-hellhole factor DOES end....eventually. Just be smart and keep your enlarger covered at ALL times during the dust storm....not like SOME people I could name, who decided to sand down a wall in a nearby room while leaving the cover off and the darkroom door open. :blushing:

Just be smart and keep your enlarger covered at ALL times during the dust storm....not like SOME people I could name, who decided to sand down a wall in a nearby room while leaving the cover off and the darkroom door open. :blushing:

And that person is still Living?!!!?

Nice work as always, It seems those old Art Deco style beach buildings were just built to do hi- contrast images of. :lovey:

Would enjoy seeing these for real, esp. the art deco building photograph.
Looks nice.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back