Daf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dafshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all!

Thanks again to those that helped me out with my other thread. Below are some shots from last weekend's race. I tried to take what I learned from the previous thread and apply - some shots came out better than others....

Below are some shots that I thought came out fairly well - in both composition and photo quality (color, exposure, etc...)

I would love to have some critique on them so that I can continue to improve. I'm curious as to how I did on cropping, capturing moments, etc.... :D. Please be brutal, I got thick skin!

Thanks so much in advance!

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The first three shots are simply ok in my opinion. The ones that follow I think you did a really good job on. I would have like to seen more of the rider in the second to last one. I feel that you cropped it to close. Overall though I like the pics, and think you did a good job.

Wow, those are some great shots. The first one is perfect. The third one is a little to tight for my liking... perhaps pull back just a little. 4,5 and 7 are also great shots.

Image 4 is one of the best, great action!

I agree the crop for 3 is a bit tight, but I understand this is a pretty fast paced thing to photograph, so sometimes you can't get the crop just the way you'd like it. My usual idea is always shoot with a little extra space, since you can take it out later.

Images 1,2,3.... the focus is a little off on parts of the racers due to depth of focus. You nailed image 4 though! The racer in the front is nice and sharp and draws your eye, where as the racers behind are slightly out of focus, as they should be. Giving the image depth and allowing you to feel the action. Nice!

The saturation levels used I believe help all the images to convey the decorative and vibrant energy of the track life and it's riders.

Focus to me looks fine this monitor but as far as the best captures in my opinion I have to go with four and five as they help to not only capture the action of the event but also the grit of it as well. They really bring the atmosphere tome and makes me want to take a deep breath and breath it all in.

I would have to agree with the majority on number three being a little on the tight side.

Nice job.

Would like to see the photos numbered for better ease of critique and weighing in what others contributed.

Number four is my (and it seems the groups) favorite. I would have used a slightly slower shutter speed to capture some more motion (blur) in that back tire and the dirt being thrown up. In the end that is just arm chair quarterbacking though, as it is a great shot.

Perhaps working on the cropping at the next race? Remember, the images coming out of your camera are very large, and as such you can shoot with more "in frame" only to crop out what you don't want in processing them after the fact. You can never go back and get the shot again to add more around the edges.

Wow - great responses! Thank you all so much for the nice comments and advise! :thumbup:

Can't wait to get back out there this weekend!

Thanks again!
Daf

WOW! i really like all of these shots....#1 stuck in my mind the most though! Great Work!

These are really great shots! Love the mud being flung up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back