A girl with Cystic Fibrosis

Hooligan Dan

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I had to shoot a story the other day of a lady awaiting a double lung transplant. After poverty(and hopefully war photography), medical documentary photography is next on my list of favs.

This was not an easy story to shoot with the conditions in her house, but you can read the whole story and see a few more shots on my blog.

This story also hit close to home fore me, not because I have cystic fibrosis(which I don't), but because I myself only one lung(my right one was removed in 2006) and will be in need of a transplant should I ever relapse.

I hope you guys like the shots. You'll notice a lot of shots are closeups and there is one really wide shot. That is because of her outfit. Her skirt was very short and I was constantly having to position myself in a way not to get an upskirt shot and she was also lacking a bra in a cold house(you see where this is going). My newspaper is in a very conservative town and we have to be particular about what we show, so I stuck to shots above the chest.

http://ambientfocus.blogspot.com/

3678214215_cd900e758c_o.jpg

02.jpg

Last edited:
Great job capturing her story. In fact all your work is really amazing, I'm especially fond of your tent city series. Since you look like you know what the heck you are doing, I would like to ask you if you had a college education for photojournalism. Even if you didn't, would you recommened it?
Many thanks

good shot i think but it seems as though the picture does not fully show what she is going thru.i couldn't feel it.
clear.gif

Great job capturing her story. In fact all your work is really amazing, I'm especially fond of your tent city series. Since you look like you know what the heck you are doing, I would like to ask you if you had a college education for photojournalism. Even if you didn't, would you recommened it?
Many thanks

Thank you. To answer your question, I did go to school, but I learned very little from it. Most of what I know I learned before I went to school or in the field/reading books after I finished school. I don't recommend going to an art school. Find a normal state college or university that offers a photo program. You'll get the same education as the art school at a fraction of the cost.

From what I've seen of your photos, I'm ready to marry you. Your talent is striking!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back