A good deal?

Matty-Bass

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying to work out a deal with a guy locally who has a Sigma 70-300mm HSM lens, a Sigma 28-70mm HSM lens, a Digital Concepts HD 0.45mm Wide Angle, a Digital Concepts HD 2x Telephoto, a polarizer, a uv filter and a filter that he says is a fld (don't know what it is :lol: ). He wants $300 for the whole shmeer which seems like a great idea. Just wanted to know:

I know for a fact the digital concepts lenses are completely useless so I'm trying to talk him to $250 for everything but those two lenses. Are the two Sigma lenses and filters all worth going for? Money is really tight for me so I want to know I made a good investment and got a good deal on lenses. I dream of having a telephoto (and a wide angle too someday :) ) but I'm a student on a budget so coming across these deals is sort of a make-or-break decision.

Assuming these lenses are in excellent condition which he says they are, should I go for this deal? They are Canon-mount lenses. I've read reviews saying these lenses are quite good. Any experiences or questions I should ask him?

If you can get both of those lenses (plus some extra stuff) for $250....I'd think that would be a pretty good deal. Just make sure that they are OK before you hand over the cash. Put them on your camera and make sure that they focus and stop the aperture down etc.

Yeah I'm definitely considering this, especially if I have to drive out to Sherwood Park to check 'em out :x:lol:.

He said he valued everything at $600.00 and wouldn't go down at all so I asked to go to $250.00 and leave the digital concepts lenses out of the picture since they're garbage.

What is an fld filter anyway? :p

Yeah it occurred to me after to not be lazy and just google the damn thing.

Hmm, seems to me like this guy is trying to make a good deal out of useless stuff, must have been a clueless new photog.

I really just want the Sigma lenses and the polarizer and UV filter.

Hot damn, I talked him to $280.00 for the lot. At least that takes a bit of the price off the two junk lenses I'll probably just use as paperweights. I basically get a lens for free :)

Most reactions

Back