A jaunt to Kananaskis Country

bantor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
jrcreations.bravehost.com
I was out and about today, but I decided to go out to the mountains instead of down town. It was a pretty little drive, the sun was out, all was well... anyways here are some pictures I took while out. Enjoy.

feild12ft.jpg

2. Elbow Falls
31io1.jpg

3. Elbow Falls again.
23ah.jpg

4. Elbow Falls one last time.
18mi1.jpg

5. Some horses
horse3ej.jpg

Comments and Critiques always welcome.

The composition is excellent in these. The sun is kinda bright and distracting but excellent photos nonetheless. #4 is my favorite with #2 close behind! Great work! :thumbup:

Calliope: Thank you kindly, the sun is indeed slightly destracting but I was trying to get shots with extreme brights in them and still keep detail in the rest of the picture, just a random exersice.

Verbal: Hm, I am not sure if I like it as much as b&w.
2bw3xa.jpg

However, I think I like it with extreme desaturation, just short of full on b&w
2desat6xb.jpg

you most definitely have a few excellent compositions...i would try to avoid shooting directly at the sun.

I like #2 the best of them all, but you did an excellent job with capturing the falls! : )

these are great shots, i'm having a hard time deciding if i like them into the sun or not... #2 is just awesome, great job! i like 4 too, but there is a slight sun flare that I am picking up on, and i even like #3 just because i know shooting into the sun was obviously done on purpose and it's different...

Great shots but excuse my ignorance, When pictures are taken of running water and you get the bluring effect, i understand that the shutter is open longer, but how do you set your camera to have a longer exposure but not let too much light in to have the picture turn out almost completely white?

Wow, the lack of snow at elbow falls is a bit weird for January (though I haven't been there in the winter since I was a kid).

Nice shots there. I need to get out of town soon myself.

I love #2! It is just beautiful, despite the very bright patch on the water

Thank you all very much

Hair_MD said:
Great shots but excuse my ignorance, When pictures are taken of running water and you get the bluring effect, i understand that the shutter is open longer, but how do you set your camera to have a longer exposure but not let too much light in to have the picture turn out almost completely white?

Normally the trick is to go out closer to night after the sun has set, I was a bit early so all I did was set my exposure for long, my apurature was small, and that was about it. I also took them in RAW format on my camera so I could adjust the exposure a bit more at home. Hope that helps.

I think that I am gonna have to make another trip out there a little later in the day, get some shtos without the giant fire ball.

Absoultely brillant! I adore 1,2 and 5! I LOVE them, i could just imagine them on my wall! :D :D

Id love to see some more of your work

Also the border you have around your images is great, it just adds that extra little touch. Nice Work!

Nice shots. I love Kananaskis Country...one of my favorite areas...I'd want to live there if it wasn't so darn windy and so close to Calgary :p

Where is Elbow Falls? I guess I could look it up...

Might have to visit there this year on my annual camping trip to Kananaskis.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back