A new set from New York City (AKA fisheye overload!)

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Here's what I got while taking Corry on a surprise birthday trip to NYC. (One of my roommates tagged along as well!)

I apologize for the fisheye overload... The first thing I did in NYC is go to B&H and buy it, so I wanted to use it. A lot.

1. Keys to the City
Keys%20to%20the%20City%20jpeg.JPG

2. Look Who's Taller
Look%20Who's%20Taller%20jpeg.JPG

3. Mmmmmmmm...
Mmmmmm%20jpeg.JPG

4. Newsstand
Newsstand%20jpeg.jpg

5. Queen of the World
Queen%20of%20the%20World%20jpeg.JPG

6. Shape and Symmetry
Shape%20and%20Symmetry%20jpeg.JPG

7. The Dave
The%20Dave%20jpeg.JPG

8. Top of the Rock
Top%20of%20the%20Rock%20jpeg.JPG

I guess this means I should finish up my lame pics and post soon, eh?

I didn't really get anything good . . . but I LOVE what you got, Joe.

1,2 & 6 are certainly my faves.

Like I said in another thread, Fisheye has a time and place, and not shots work well with it.

Pretty good use of the fisheye lens on these shots. I see a Tokina-branded lens cap on the table in one of the shots. What lens was it that you used?

1,2 & 6 are certainly my faves.

Like I said in another thread, Fisheye has a time and place, and not shots work well with it.

Thanks

Yeah, there are a few things like that. Fisheye, HDR and IR... problem is, when you get a new toy, all you want to do is use it! I'm over that now ;)

Oh, i totally understand! haha. I borrowed a fisheye from my school and shot like crazy with it even when it wasn't needed. lol

I really like #7 (The Dave). Curious, what kind of post-processing was used in that one? Great shots.

Derrel: Well spotted. I'm using the Tokina 10-17mm lens Fisheye. So far, I've only bought Nikon branded stuff, so that was a departure for me, but the quality is absolutely top notch!

mikemicki: Thanks! There's not a whole lot of processing going on, really. I did my normal exposure and WB adjusting in Lightroom, and then curves and burn/dodge in PS. I did use a tablet for the burn/dodge work, which makes it a lot easier to get results like that.

Number 6 it is.. NY, NY.... The colors POP in number 7, great capture.

I keep telling myself that I do not need a fish eye and then I see images like these...''sigh'' Time to buy a lottery ticket..Love numbers 1,4 and 7...

I keep telling myself that I do not need a fish eye and then I see images like these...''sigh''

:hug:: I know how you feel...

Well, I'll never be able to afford one, so Joe, you'd better bring that thing along when you come visit me in October. I want to play with it! Didn't get much of a chance to last time!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back