A nice fall day... (Pic Heavy)

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Finally had a day off and it was pretty nice out. Little chilly when I headed out at 7:30. I hate that it gets dark at 6 now, but I tried to make the most out of it. Saw lots of critters today.. Comments welcome and thanks for looking...

1 Eastern Phoebe
Phoebe 1 10_12 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

2 Great Egret
Great Egret 10_12 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

3 4th year eagle. I forgot VC was on so I had some motion blur, but I still liked the shot..
fourth Year Bald Eagle 10_12 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

4 Still have some of these guys and gals around..
Osprey 10_12 2 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

5 messy eater
Osprey 10_12 3 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

6 Juvenile Little Blue Heron
Juvenile Little Blue Heron 10_12 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

7 Something that couldn't fly away. Tough light 1/60th handheld 380mm, ISO 3600
Baby Deer 10_12 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

8 And Mom keeping a watchful eye...
Mom Deer 1 10_12 by krisinct- Thanks for 3 Million + views!, on Flickr

Very nice set. Love the baby dear shot.

Curious, how do you know the age of the eagle? Is it the markings?

Thank you! I've only ever seen two eagles around here but love learning about them.

Very nice set but Love # 1 The Eastern Phoebe and # 6 The LBH. The great Egret looks like it crossed paths with some airplane propellers.

Last edited:
Thank you! I've only ever seen two eagles around here but love learning about them.

Yeah, many birds have distinct "age-based" coloring. Herring Gulls are a good example--start out mostly brown with some whitish speckling as juveniles, and each year is a distinct look until they reach their adult stage. Then it becomes a lot more difficult to tell. And knowing populations helped. I had a professor (she taught my ornithology class) that could tell you "third spring" and "second winter" of many birds, just from a picture. Without any context. [emoji15]

Cheers!
Jake

All excellent! The double deer is astounding.

That's an OUTstanding Fall Day!
We finally had a pretty day here; and I wasn't even at work...but only because I was home sick all day.

I'm with Hunter, #7 is definitely my favorite; love the comp on that one!
The first one, of the Phoebe is way up there too.

These are phenomenal of course! I'm super impressed at the sharpness on number 7! Handheld for 1/60th at 380mm? Rock steady!

Thanks for all the kind words! The "twins" are really making me consider a D800 for times when the light it tough, hmmm...

You really got close to that Phoebe, my favorite of this set has got to be #7, love that shot. I would probably clone out that lone brown leaf on the right.
I actually tried to clone out/do a content aware fill and I couldn't get it to look right so I left it as is.. :) The Phoebe was about 20 feet away according to exif.. I think I cropped it about 50%..

As usual nice set. I likr the composition of #7......

Most reactions

New Topics

Back